1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How hyped are you to watch the Sixers this season?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ferrari77, Oct 5, 2016.

1. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

Brandon Knights needs to be traded to the Sixers for Nerlens Noel.

2. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

Yawn..another losing season to get another top 5 pick. They may have more highlight plays, but final score will still be the same.

3. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

im hyped for the nuggets.

best young man front court outside of towns/dieng and they have one of the best depth at every line in the NBA, they just need stars

Von Rafer likes this.
  4. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

5. CertifiedTroll

I would try to focus on getting a PG in Marcus Smart. I believe a Noel for Smart deal was talked about but fell through? I do not recall the details, but that would be a step in the right direction. The second problem is you have Okafur and Embiid. I would gamble on Embiid since your team blows anyways. Trade Okafur to a team needing a C. I am not sure who fits the bill for wanting a young scoring center, but try to get a solid wing in return.

That will give them a solid boost into mediocrity. Next season with Simmons back and if Embiid stays healthy, they could be decent.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Interested, not hyped.

7. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Embiid is quickly becoming my favorite player. Legit bully who throws people around.

8. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Embiid has scary potential. I say you build around this man because he can be the future of the franchise. I got chills just watching his most recent highlights

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

Not really hyped, I don't understand why Philly fired their GM now when it looks like their team is finally starting to take shape. It's pretty dumb, the only reason they have Embiid now is because of their GM who took a chance for him and got fired for it. When Saric or whoever they stashed in Europe comes to the NBA and they get another top pick to play alongside Embiid, Okafor, Noel (is he still there?) and Simmons everybody is gonna say what a genius their current GM is :rolleyes:

With all that said, no I'm not hyped about the Sixers at all. Their team has a lot of potential but it's not exciting potential, a lot of their players play overlap and they are projected to be bad this year and as such, not really worth watching. The team that I'm definitely hyped about though are the Wolves, KAT is a legit superstar and unlike Philly their pieces all fit well together. Just need better coaching and get some shooters for spacing.

10. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

FWIW, I heard on a recent podcast (I think it was Zach Lowe? I can't recall) that Hinkie was fired partly because agents were pissed that the Sixers never participated in free agency. He was never very friendly with other GM's as well. Conversely, Brian Colangelo is very amiable and good with the agents, so hiring him addressed that concern. To reiterate, I heard this on a podcast and I can't tell you whether this is legit info or not.

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

I'm more interested in the Bucks and TWolves than the 76ers.

12. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

What do you mean? The **** show that will be Hillary's presidency is just beginning!

If you followed her show since Benghazi, the sheer volume of stuff she gets away with that would put a normal citizen in prison is just fascinating on its own.

How Hillary Benedict Arnold got away with it, volume 2. The 76'ers have nothing on that.

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

Well if true that's a pretty stupid reason to fire him. The sixers are not gonna win a ring anytime soon the owners should be thanking him for saving them money.

14. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

I completely agree. Seems like the Sixers management couldn't handle the negative press and coverage the team was getting and decided to use Hinkie as a scapegoat. The way they did it was very unprofessional (e.g. leaking Hinkie's confidential internal letter).

Just shows you how you can't survive on competency alone - you need strong relationships as well. Hope Hinkie lands on his feet somewhere and applies what he learned in Philly.

15. Dayop

Dayop Member

I'm not hyped up at all.

16. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Another year and again IT'S HAPPPPPPENINGGGGGGGG!

ANYONE ELSE excited (and has their body ready) for EMBIIIIIID, SIMMMONS (but wait, there's more) and FULTZZZZZZ to share the same floor?

I know I am....so it probably won't happen. I'm guessing we'll get two of the three and not all three for most of the season.:(

17. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

It's happpeninnng evennn mooaaarrrr

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I'll watch Fultz.

19. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

20. JaceMan da SpaceMan

I'll watch Dak prescot sometimes