1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How has being a Houston sports fan affected your philosophy of life?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by burlesk, May 29, 2004.

Tags:
  1. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

If this is a commonly repeated thread (which I could imagine), then I apologize, and bare my throat... I learned this skill from being a Houston sports fan... I will share my other thoughts on the subject only if anyone responds...

2. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

perservere,don't give up hope and if you do your best and people still don't respect you,then f*** 'em.
    Ok maybe not the last one.

3. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

All I know is that the Rockets are the best team ever - past, CURRENT, and future!

The 3 most important hobbies - Rockets, Texans, Astros.

4. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

If you were primarily an Astros/Oilers fan(The case for many Houstonians), then you are probably a very bitter, cynical perison.

I was never a big fan of either while the Oilers were in town, so I can happily bask in the Rockets/Comets(Lesser extent) glory.

5. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

Well, I'm looking at being a Houston sports fan, myself, since no later than 1975... so the 94/95 Rockets and to a lesser extent the Comets and I guess you could throw in Gordie Howe's Aeros (rolleyes -- to a MUCH lesser extent) as beautiful shining islands in a huge ocean of frustration... but the Rockets, Oilers (now the Texans), and Astros have always gotten all of my love no matter what... and I suspect this has made an impact on who I am, to some extent... :D

Being more of a basketball fan than anything else has helped me, of course... unlike, as you say, most Houstonians... which I ceased to be (a Houstonian) after I turned 10... but by then it was too late for me...

6. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Take care of business while you're young.

See: Barkley, Charles; Rockets 1996-99