1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How good were the Dixie Chicks?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by what, Jan 22, 2015.

1. what

what Member

En Vogue?

You said plenty right there.

2. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

if you think the dixie chicks are on par with the eagles then your perspective is most definitely skewed. why are you so desperate to compare the two?

why are you so hung up on the fact that they are females? cant they just be a band? i dont judge bands or musicians on what sex they are. i listen to all kinds of music made by males and females. sex of the artist is irrelevant to me as a listener.

the dixie chicks have not been active in the last 5 years so why do you want me to name a female group from that time frame? what does that matter? many of my favorite bands have females in them and as a musician myself, many bands i have been in had females in them. my current band has a female in it. who cares?

there are tons of female acts making good music right now...

st vincent, tune-yards, peaking lights, alot of african stuff like fatoumata diawara, khaira arby, oumou sangare...dirty projectors, big freedia, juana molina, my bloody valentine, pj harvey, nellie mckay, ect.

i sincerely hope you are just trollin' here yo!

3. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

Cleverly?

4. CCorn

CCorn Member

Haim > Dixie Chicks.

5. the shark

the shark Member

With your logic it's like saying N' Sync is better than the Rolling Stones.

6. CCorn

CCorn Member

I will say Dixie Chicks> hole.

7. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Heart >>>>> Dixie Chicks

8. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

the Dixie Chicks aren't even in the same ballpark as the eagles. This thread has to be joke.

9. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

What do you mean by important? What point are you trying to make with this challenge?

10. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

[​IMG]

So I can see how comparing the Dixie Chicks to the Eagles could be a valid option.

11. Buck Turgidson

My thoughts exactly.

12. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

Here's what A good female group looks like

[​IMG]

The Dixie Chicks were bad country - the epitome of Country-pop..but then again I think country-pop is just as bad as regular pop music. Sorry, I never saw them as real country.

If mass record sales equal great music, then what does that say about Justin Bieber and Katy Perry?

13. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I dig their last album.

14. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

CLASSY, ROMANTIC, HOT, and most importantly, IMPORTANT singing female artists:

Kelly Clarkson, Adele, Alicia Keys, sir. :eek:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

They're the Rudy Gay of female groups.

16. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

ARGH, never mind... you said "five years"... I think Adele is the only one that fits that category. Kelly Clarkson is a veteran... and I don't know when Keys started. :eek: Nerrrrrrrr mindsssss...

17. bobrek

Adele's first album was released in 2008, so I assume she doesn't qualify. Still not sure what the relevance of this is. A number of female artists have become relevant within the past 5 years even though they got started longer than 5 years ago.

For example, The Dixie Chicks debuted in 1989 but certainly were not relevant in their first 5 years.

18. what

what Member

Swoly, you are the least of my worries in this thread.

What is irony is that most board members here LOVE popular movies and tv shows: [insert any comic book movie], a so-clearly chick flick (Hunger Games, lol), Breakin Bad, Game of Thrones, most of which I can't stand.

Popularity seems to be a key to this, but with music, the less you are liked, the better clutchfans like you.

You, Manny, and a few others don't follow that pattern.

So I guess I created this thread to remind myself how much my tastes differs from the board, because that's about all it accomplished, and to further my reputation of: what.

19. bobrek

Taste doesn't matter as everyone has different likes across everything that others simply don't understand. What took this thread in a different direction is your comparison of the Dixie Chicks to the Eagles. Regardless of anyone's feeling about the two groups, the Eagles were far more successful from a sales/concert/popularity point of view than the Dixie Chicks.

20. Buck Turgidson

They are, especially the 2 sisters, very good musicians. I hated their pop crap that they put out for most of their career. They started making more roots-y stuff a few years ago and what little I've heard of it ranges from "not bad" to "pretty good".