1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How Good is Pig?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by davo, Mar 1, 2000.

1. davo

davo Contributing Member

Right on Bobrek - he does have terrible hands. Pig may eb getting good rebounds per game, but I've noticed a decline in our rebounding in general, especially with Cato out of the line-up. Hakeem doen't have the spring to snatch them down anymore, and when our two biggest guys on the court are Pig and Carlos Rogers, we've got problems.

2. Francis3

Francis3 Member

If pig could catch the ball he would average around 12 points a night. Francis would average 5 more assists as well. [​IMG]

Pig can rebound well but needs to work on his offense. I like him though because he is never whining for playing time and he works hard. Thats the kind of guys we need.

\

3. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Uh, I hate to point this out, but it should be min/reb, not reb/min. At 3.45 reb/min if Chris Webber averaged 30 min he'd get 103.5 rebounds per game!

4. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

Check out these stats and tell me what role Pig should have on this team:<TABLE>
    <TR><TH>Player</TH><TH>Rb/Min</TH></TR>
    <TR><TD>Mutombo (1)</TD><TD>2.56</TD></TR>
    <TR><TD>Shaq (2)</TD><TD>2.83</TD></TR>
    <TR><TD>Duncan (3)</TD><TD>3.08</TD></TR>
    <TR><TD>Garnett (4)</TD><TD>3.30</TD></TR>
    <TR><TD>Webber (5)</TD><TD>3.45</TD></TR>
    <TR><TD>Rodman</TD><TD>2.42</TD></TR>
    <TR><TD>Olajuwan (89-90)</TD><TD>2.72</TD></TR>
    <TR><TD>Pig</TD><TD>2.89</TD></TR>
    </TABLE>

Pig is grabbing 6 boards in 17 minutes per game this year. If he got Rodman minutes he'd have 12 rpg in 34 mpg.

Stats can tell you whatever you want them to, but it looks like Pig can hold his own with the NBA elite when it comes to rebounding. On a side note, in 91-92, Rodman averaged 18.7 rpg and 2.14 rb/min. That's sick.

I think Pig is clearly our best rebounder on the team. I don't know what his outlet passing is like, but I'd like him to get more minutes. The problem is he's stuck behind Cato (who can't rebound), Dream, Kenny, Rogers and Bullard.

[This message has been edited by Tb-Cain (edited March 01, 2000).]

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

pig's main problem is his lack of offensive ability...you simply cannot pass him the ball in the lane...he appears to have terrible hands and no offensive skills to speak of (except for follow-ups)....while rodman is no threat offensively, he can handle the ball