1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How far down do the Texans reach?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Wattafan, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

Would they reach down further than #5 for a QB, considering none of them are obvious franchise guys?
    Hints from Mr. Texans, John McLain, suggest Matt Schaub and Matt Cassel could be the top two QB's for Texans. It is a distinct possibility.
    If so, the two vets would have a lot to share with a young project. That young project could come out of round 6 or 7 or even lower and allow for a higher quality pick for another need.
    I know there are a lot of ifs here, but I like tossing ideas around to get opinions and ideas.

2. YaosDirtyStache

You must be new here.

No one believes anything Pancakes publishes. He is a hack, a joke, and an embarrassment.

He is fat. He is bald. He is worthless.

If you see a Pancakes tweet or article, immediately think of the opposite and that will be the actual reality.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think they get a QB in either the 2nd or 3rd round, most likely the 2nd, and they pick up a vet like Cassel to be a stopgap till the rookie is ready. Schaub will be cut for salary cap considerations.

4. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

I have no *****ing clue what is going to happen.

They might go offense. They might go defense. But, I guarantee they will not draft special teams with the 1st pick in the draft.

I hope that helps. :D