1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

HOw does this strategy sound to close out the season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Monkey7392, Apr 5, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Monkey7392

Monkey7392 Member

Well, we all know Eddie is the future of our team. The thing that frustrated me is that half his shots are 3's:confused: I mean cmon Rudy. YOu see from now until the season is over lets let Griff play 35-40 mins a game and run plays to him. Let him get about 12-16 shots a game. Maybe 1 or 2 shots could be threes but let him work his low post game. We got to develop this guy fast. We need him to be our #1 scoring option in 2 years, Francis of course will be 2 and Mobley will have to accept the 3rd scoring option. Seriously. Griffin will be the one to lead us to the Championship. SO RUDY PLEASE LET GRIFFIN GET MORE TOUCHES!!!!!!!! :eek:

2. lpbman

lpbman Member

I think it'll take longer than that but,
    I agree

Eddie's the man!

3. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

The Rockets can lose every other game, as long as they beat the Blazers in the season finale.

4. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

I agree...only because I want Eddie to make more threes (which I suspect you don't really care for). He's still fifteen 3pters short of a hundred and there's only seven games left now.

5. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

There's really no reason EG cant be as good as KG. He has all the tools and just needs a little more work and a little growth. He's a good three point shooter at this point in his career but if he becomes strictly a three point shooter that will be a complete misuse of his talent.

6. edc

edc Contributing Member

Right now EG's "inside game" is well below average. I'm all for giving him some "live" instruction, but putting him down low for significant minutes is begging for serious injury.

7. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Eddie really needs to work on his ball-handling, which I remember him saying he would do, this offseason. If he's going to be that KG/Rasheed Wallace type player, he needs to be able to take his man off the dribble. I think his post game will eventually be there, since is a good shooter and can hit from the baseline. I see no reason why he cant be a triple threat on offense...hit the outside shot, take his man off the dribble, and post his man up.