1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How Does _____________ Pull a Paycheck?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ima_drummer2k, May 26, 2010.

1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

George Lopez - I watched his monologue during a timeout in the Lakers/Suns game last night. My GOD. Does he have ANY material besides the fact that he's Mexican? Any time I've seen him, he's making jokes about the fact that he's Mexican. WE GOT IT, man. It's not funny.

Daughtry - American Idol finalist + Nickleback songwriting template = commercial and critical success? This guy brings NOTHING new musically to the table at all. Every time I hear one of his songs for the first time, I feel like I've already heard it a million times. I don't get it. Please grow some hair and shave that ridiculous soul patch. TIA.

Sarah Palin - I don't want to turn this into a D&D thread, but seriously.....how is this woman even relevant? She's earning millions of dollars a year traveling around the country (after quitting her job) and spouting off bumper-sticker slogans to a bunch of star-struck tea baggers who treat her like the freakin' Beatles. There are even some who want her to run for President. Am I in the Twilight Zone? What am I missing here? The woman is a complete joke.

1 person likes this.
  2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Why should I give a ______?

3. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I never understood the comedic value of George Lopez. The only people I have ever met who thought he was funny are either mexican or white people who wish they were mexican.

Racial humor has been done so much it isn't even funny anymore unless you're really clever about it (Dave Chappelle). I get that white guys can't dance, black people don't pay their bills and mexican people like tacos.

4. Southern Select

Obama did the same thing to a bigger crowd. People are just stupid.

1 person likes this.
  5. raj87

raj87 Member

~50% of all NBA players - Considering the sports aptitude of this website, I should not have to elaborate on this particular group.

High volume bbs posters - How productive can one be as an employee, if the entirety of their work tour is occupied by posting and reading a bbs?

6. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

does not compute.

;)

7. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

BINGO. :eek:

And about the GEORGE LOPEZ thing... I don't like his voice, but he has the contrast of "Mexicans" vs. "Other people" (meaning caucasians) material... that's why non-Mexicans watch it. They want to know "about us." Stop watching it. Don't be a hater.

:mad: Moth#*$(&^@(%*&^r F#(*#@^$(n' S#489%#&t!!!... you want to take this outside?!?!?! :mad: I'll fight you right now, sir!!! En Garde!!!

You know what...? You're right. :( I don't know how productive I am, either.

8. Summer Song Giver

Agree on this along with all of the OP's original statements, except for Lopez because admittedly, haven't watched enough of him to know or care.

Hope and Change... Drill baby drill... durka durka Mohamed jihad

People are stupid.

1 person likes this.
  9. Jontro

Jontro Member

I don't get how joey crawford still pull a paycheck.

and what's the deal with airplane food?

10. imasonamagun

imasonamagun Member

I completely agree with G. Lopez and his "I'm a mexican" humor. It wasn't even funny to begin with. Get some new fresh material and leave the Mexican jokes to Carlos Mencia. Ooooo Wait...... He sucks also :)

11. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

Jay-Z?

His music is such garbage and crap. All he does is take old songs and go
    " uh uh....champagne, bottle service, bentleys uh uh..." to someone else's
    music in the background.

How many times can you take a great song and talk about champagne and crap and people will buy it over and over again.

I'm lost with that one.

2 people like this.
  12. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

If you can't understand how this equation balances, I can't help you. If I was a music exec, "American Idol finalist + Nickleback songwriting template" would result in me having dollar signs for pupils like I was a cartoon character.

13. REEKO_HTOWN

you don't know what you're talking about.

14. Al Calavicci

Al Calavicci Contributing Member

You've proven your point magnificently!

15. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Jay-Z does have some musical talents for sure but I will say he is one of the worst lyricists I've heard.

16. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

Yeah...yeah...uhh uhh... i'm so rich. Yeah...yeah... champagne...front row NBA...high life...uhh uhh...yeah yeah.

Copy cut paste....repeat.

Then mix in "New York" or "Forever Young" or "Punjabi MC"

Its all based on this idea of lifestyle worship. Its not about music or anything just talking about crap you can buy and NBA stars and just nonsense. For how long can you talk about Bentleys and Champagne?

17. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

It's called having multiple screens and multitasking. Some are good at it, some are not. I have 4 full time jobs and I can still get in my daily diet of Clutchfans.

1 person likes this.
  18. REEKO_HTOWN

stick to your Ariza bashing...at least your good at that.

Rocketman, no need to argue with you. Stay away from hip hop and stick to Sugarland.

19. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Repped for talking about things that are the pinnacle of life!

blank, far-off stare

20. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There's a huge difference between having slogans and having ONLY slogans.

Stupid people can't make that distinction.