1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How do you muster up courage to approach a women

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by jbasket, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

It's like selling a car . . . .. as long as they haven't left the lot. . . you got a chance

Rocket River

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

3. VanityHalfBlack

helpful tips. Clutchfans always come through!!

jbasket likes this.
  4. VanityHalfBlack

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Hope I don't bore everyone with this, but your post reminded me of an old friend of mine who's a player. One of my best friends, a divorced guy who's several years younger than I am, operates that way. My partner and I don't get jealous when one of us goes out with friends, so I've been a "passive" wingman many times, seeing him in action. He is fearless and shameless. While not a very good looking guy (glad he won't see this, ha ha), he has a charismatic personality, exuding absolute confidence, whether it's really there or not.

And he has success. I've seen him hit on several women in an evening of hitting bars (easy to do in Downtown Austin, where so much of the nightlife is concentrated), and he almost always had a woman, usually 10 or 20 years younger than he is, come home with him. For years he had a condo on West 5th within walking distance to the action. We'd walk back to his place with his catch (who sometimes had a friend coming along), and if I didn't figure out the timing on my own, he'd signal me that it was time to split. And I would, sometimes leaving him with two girls (generally late-20's to late 30's, and he's mid-'50's), getting the story the next day.

Sure, he had advantages. He had a condo right there. He appears to have money. He's had a lot enough times to pull it off, whether he actually does or not (Harvard MBA currently working as a CFO for a regional company, but has had some lean times due to the market's craziness the last several years - most of his previous business involved IPO's, which dried up for a very long stretch). His disadvantages are his looks and his age. Those a big disadvantages. So I've seen something similar to your post be very successful for a very long time. Big age difference compared to most guys here, I'm guessing, but not with the women. If I hadn't seen him operate, I wouldn't have believed that it would work, at least not for him due to those disadvantages I mentioned. Could tell some great stories, but better end it here.

jbasket likes this.
  6. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

Here's a nice ice breaker.

You "Hey are you so and so from"
    Her * Confused look* " No my name is Amy. I believe you got the wrong person"
    You "Nice to meet you Amy. My name is....." Don't forget to smile sexy lol

From there on just start a casual conversation. Good luck!

7. jbasket

jbasket Member

Ugh so I go and meet up with somebody, cute girl just right. She brings me back to her place after coffee. Don't make a move for f*****g 3.5 hr. Man I'm funking hard, I just don't get it. I just can't seem to do it. Bleh. How?

rockpileindisma likes this.
  8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Well money trumps everything :D
    esp if all you want is . . . . . .DA SEX . . . . ..

Rocket River

9. jbasket

jbasket Member

@Supermac34 Good point, didn't think about it that way. Very sensible.
    @Pen15clubber Back rehabbing, but I see what you are saying, I can try that out.
    @tmacfor35 Supposedly I give off the mad "I wanna **** you" eyes, even when I don't. I don't know how to get rid of it... how? What signs do people look at?
    @LCAhmed My g, there is no way you can say too much man. Thanks brotha. I am definitely an egotistical person, yet I get insecurities about this is what boggles me. I can't figure out the "how" to get past the insecurities. I know theoretically what I need to do.
    @RocketWalta Good point. I need to try to see from their point of view too, they could be pretty nervous too.
    @what I'm not lowering my expectations. I've been able to make moves on the most attractive girl in a place, using other methods of approach, and I do not want to go lower when just individually approaching somebody.
    @London'sBurning Didn't think about the friends aspect, and I haven't really thought about all the social cues. I think that may be able to help me understand situations better.
    @RasaqBoi I'm in nyc
    @Rocket River But how do you get a "f**k it" attitude? I also peruse the apps and am very successful at them. It's not the talking part to women, just breaking the d**m ice or making moves.
    @body slam @Bäumer While good ideas, I'm living in nyc :p
    @what Ain't that the truth about women and transparency. Maybe that is a story for another time.
    @got em COACH I'll try to use it if I grow some balls :)

#69 jbasket, Mar 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
  10. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

11. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Public library? Lol that's a new one.

12. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

It's a numbers game and there are plenty of fish who will bite on the bait but you have to be consistent and not become discouraged with rejection. Just know that sooner or later the odds will work in your favor. Confidence is the key here, and while I do consider myself a very handsome man I still get turned down more often than not. You need to be persistent AND consistent.

I currently use what's called the "Boomhauer" method. If you approach enough women and simply make an absolute fool of yourself while not taking yourself seriously, you can land some dime pieces. It may take you 10 or 20 tries before you find one who wants to ****, but you will find her if you stay on your game. It doesn't hurt to have a little money in your pocket, either. But, if you know how to roleplay well enough you can skate out of that too by making them feel sorry for you. Women are emotional creatures for the most part and you have to play on the emotions they give off and formulate your strategy to take advantage of it.

Part of the method is knowing where to go and what your target audience will be. For instance, if you're like me and you're a 37 year old retired/unemployed free man with no wife and kids (the ultimate blessing), you should target places like Tommy Bahama, Hobby Lobby, Womans shoe departments, Grocerie stores on week days, etc. They will flock to you so long as you're not giving off any negative vibes. Be careful of some of the married ones, they will wreck your **** very fast. It's important to not just think with your dick in some of these scenarios but also with your brain.

Damn, sorry for the rant. Keep on duding, OP.

The dude loves you.

jae713 likes this.
  13. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Just as is she want a "ride ride".

See if any oldtimer remembers what I am talking about.

Kim likes this.
  14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

15. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Idk man, last girls number I got I was trying to sober up. Didnt find out til later she was a stripper and offered a free dance.
    Its lit tho.

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Good call. She doesn't want anything to do with that coffee breath.

17. bumbum09

bumbum09 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Breh, just an FYI -- about .25 hrs in her place, you were in the friendzone because you didn't make a move... Just a little, tidbit for you to keep in mind next time. Honestly, I would have made my move as soon as the door closed.

18. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

If a girl is willing to take you home and you still are in the getting to know each other phase then she's probably DTF. That's generally exhibiting a level of trust and comfort around you where she's probably comfortable with your dick inside her. Just saiyan. Sometimes you'll find a girl who takes the initiative and gets it started but more often than not she's just going to be waiting for you to initiate. I wouldn't say you failed with that chick. I mean she welcomed you to her place and you guys talked for hours. You must have been doing some things right. Give yourself some credit for getting that far.

Right now it sounds like you just want to close the deal which is fine. Next time make a move. Try the touching thing again somewhere non-sexual like her forearm or something. If she pulls back then you know not to go for anything more intimate and just maintain a friendly conversation. If she doesn't though then it's probably a green light she's good with you touching her. This way you're not being weird asking for permission to touch her but also not being overly aggressive where you're violating her space. After that, the rest is on you homie.

If this helps, women love sex just as much as you do. The frequency and duration of it varies from person to person but that's also part of getting to know each other. If you're a 4 or 5x a week person and you got a partner who only wants to do it once on the weekend then you're not going to be a good fit long term. But that's for later. Right now it just sounds like you're trying to get some.

da_juice likes this.
  19. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Tell them you haven't lost your virginity and that she will have the honor of taking it.

Kim likes this.
  20. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

also if you get rejected, insults are key. i usually go with, "you look fat in those jeans anyway!".
    roll up your sleeves and expose dat rolex. let them know what they're missing out on.

Kim likes this.