1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How do you evaluate the Fultz for Tatum trade?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by celebrevida, Dec 12, 2017.

?

How do you evaluate the Fultz for Tatum trade?

1. Lopsided in favor of Celtics

49 vote(s)
    59.0%
  2. Somewhat in favor of Celtics

16 vote(s)
    19.3%
  3. Even trade

10 vote(s)
    12.0%
  4. Somewhat in favor of 76ers

5 vote(s)
    6.0%
  5. Lopsided in favor of 76ers

3 vote(s)
    3.6%
  1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Ainge made out like a bandit if Fultz never rediscovers his shot or recovers from injury. If only he could have got Kyrie without giving up that Nets pick...

2. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Still too early. What if fultz comes back heathy and develops within the next 2-3 years?

We’ll see then

Williamson likes this.
  3. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I won't even try to evaluate it for another 3-4 years really. I will say it's clear that for the short term this was the right move for the Celtics. However, it is still possible that Fultz turns out to be a franchise/foundational player/superstar. If he becomes that and Tatum is anything less, they still made a bad move (unless the pick they got from the Sixers brings them a future superstar).

So yeah, there are still too many variables up in the air to truly be able to evaluate who won or lost this deal.

4. rockets13champs

Markelle Shot only bad bc he has a shoulder injury... he’ll be fine once his shoulder is completely heeled. When he taking his shot I see him pulling his shoulder out then shooting. So something in his shoulder is definitely bothering him

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

6. omgTHEpotential

Even if Fultz continues to improve, it's going to be very hard for him to catch up to Tatum who's already a ridiculously good contributor for one of the top teams.

hakeem94 and JayGoogle like this.
  7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I agree.

Also, I think Tatum brings something that would fit right into what the 6ers need. A wing shooter that can slash.

They already have a guard that can't shoot in Ben Simmons, not sure what having another gives them right now. Tatum/Simmons/Embiid would be a Harden/Westbrook/Durant like Trio that all are young pieces that can grow together without stepping on each other's game too much.

If Fults gets back healthy, I don't know how he even fits with his shot. He can't share the court with Simmons, not until one of them learns how to shoot.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Tatum is overrated.

Josh Jackson will be the best player in this draft by far.

9. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

Well Fultz was suppose to be able to shoot. He shot 41% from the 3's in college. His shot just went broke

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

false

red5rocket likes this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

however severe this shoulder injury is, is the cause of it. most likely will call this year a wash bc judging by vids he isn't close and make sure hes healthy for next. but yeah you can't have fultz and simmons as your core if they both cant shoot

13. CertifiedTroll

Still looks like he is exerting a lot of effort to lift his arm. Kinda sad/weird. Hope physical therapy helps the kid.

Got to feel for someone with such a strange injury/ailment.

14. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

shoots like when I shoot when I just shot my arms from lifting and don't have that normal shooting stroke

hakeem94 and red5rocket like this.
  15. J.R.

J.R. Member

16. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

The rockets currently have the best Markel

17. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

not many games left, might as well sit him out for the season and make sure his shoulder is 100%. You don't want to risk him damaging it more

red5rocket likes this.
  18. CertifiedTroll

This is literally the weirdest saga I have seen in basketball.

19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

its the philly curse, incompetence or whatever.. cant be coincidence that 1st pick four years in a row is injured

i am 100% sure if fultz were to be drafted by celts he would be a valuable contributor by now

arabrocket and A_3PO like this.
  20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Oh the horror!

The only thing "sick" here is his shot.

After Colangelo spoke, members of the media gathered by the practice courts to watch Fultz shoot. J.J. Redick wasn’t happy with the reporters filming Fultz’s workout and let them hear it. In this video from PhillyVoice’s Kyle Neubeck you can hear Redick say “The kid’s f---ing 19, man. Holy s---. Y’all are sick.”

Redick later expanded on his displeasure with the gawking.

“It is annoying, the guy's 19, he’s working his ass off. I understand fans want to see his progress, but this is maybe going to be a longer process than we all hoped for,” he told reporters. “I don't get the coming in here every day to like, watch him shoot pull-up jumpers. It’s a little obsessive ... we all want to see him back on the court, doing what he loves to do.”​

hakeem94 likes this.