1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How do we keep the Rockets????

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tycoonchip, Feb 5, 2000.

Tags:
  1. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Well I think we should make a plan on how to keep the Rockets.
    PLS SUGGESTIONS NEEDED!!!!
    LET'S ALL PLAN A WAY TO KEEP THEM WHERE THEY BELONG RIGHT HERE IN HOUSTON TX.
    LET'S SEE SOME LOVE FOR THE ROCKETS PEOPLE.....

2. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Well there is someone beside me who actually wants to do something to keep the Rockets. Everytime I try to say something about how we should keep the Rockets I just get ignored. But I got only love for the Rocks and their fans. I am all for having a Rockets rally before a vote or at any time deemed necessary. I also tried to find out what officials we could write to, but I coulnd't figure out anything. In addition we all need to get together and convince people in our family, our friends, and othes to vote for the Rockets when and if necessary.

3. MattsayzIstillbelieve!!!

FREAKIN REGISTER TO VOTE AS OF NOW IF YOU HAVEN'T ALLREADY. THEN GET OUT THERE AND VOTE. ALSO BEFORE THE VOTE TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW TO VOTE WITH YOU. IF THEY AREN'T SURE ABOUT IT BRIBE THEM SOMEHOW. THAT'S ABOUT THE LAST CHANCE WE MIGHT GET.

------------------
    ***Elie... we don't need no stinkin Elie Mobley's takin over ROCKETS IN 2000 BABY***

4. brahma rocket

brahma rocket Member

dont tell them to vote, make them vote, go pick them up and force them to vote for the rocks to stay .

5. GreenGlen

GreenGlen Member

One more time: The Rockets have not announced they are moving it is pure speculation. Do they Rockets have a reason to move YES. Keep in mind though, I Dont really think thats what the rocekts want. Why, Houston is an established NBA market where the other citys (nashville B-More) are not. Houston would be the largest Market without an NBA team. HOWEVER if you agree or do not, the Rockets DO need a new arena. Its a fact, And im VERY surprised that a city the size of Houston has not sacked up and built a new arena!! I think there will be one more chance with this issue coming up around june. My interest is I WANT AN NHL TEAM HERE....and believe me.. It WILL happen if the rockets get a new arena!!! There are 4 canadian teams looking for new US homes. The NHL is a awesome and Houston can have an natural rival already ..I can see it now: Houston Oilers/Senators/Flames/ vs Dallas Stars !! Trust me its a sure thing..if we get an arena. The coolest game on earth will be in Houston plus we keep the rockets and comets. OR Houston will be -Rockets and comets and Houston will be a 2 sport city!

6. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

Don't talk too loud about stealing a Canadian NHL team or you'll get the Canadian trolls chastising you. They're very sensitive about this subject apparently.

For what it is worth, a smaller market with a brand-new arena (where Les controls the revenue streams for even non-basketball operations) is worth a lot more than the size of the market. There has to be a new arena otherwise Les is better off in a smaller market that gives him a new arena (I realize this is basically agreeing, but I thought I'd point it out anyway.)

7. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

I'am seriously thinking, if we have another referendum, us Rockets fans in houston need to stand outside voting booths and show our support for the team. I know when I voted on the last referendum, there all kinds of people standing outside with signs trying to get people to vote against it. I did not see one single person trying to support the referendum. I just pray that the Rockets don't leave because they are a part of my everyday life(yes I have a life). I just can't see them go and I would do anything I can to keep them here in Houston. Thinking about it just makes me blue [​IMG]