1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How do the Rox match up with the TPups?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by oakdogg, Jan 24, 2000.

1. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

How do you all think the Rockets match up with the Timberwolves? I'm interested. I think Carlos Rogers will be missed in this game (as if he's not missed every game). His length and quickness would probably match up alright against KG and Joe Smith.

2. Shotcaller

Shotcaller Member

And isnt T. Brandon out with a injury? I didnt notice till like a week ago that the tickets I got for the Rockets and Lakers game falls on Superbowl sunday...but Its a earlie game so its all good...would love them to carry the current streak into that game...it would be great.

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I think we match up well with them, much like the Heat.

I really believe that their backcourt is no match for ours, especially if Brandon is out.

4. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Brandon played 34 minutes vs. the Warriors.

5. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

6 games in a row is a nice run. If we lose to the T-Wolves, it's no big deal.

We just might be headed for a lull against Minnesota, and they've been hot the past 10 or so games. As have we. So, I guess I have no solid opinion.... Well, I do feel that we should beat them.

We should, however, beat the Warriors and Nuggz before we face the Lakers. (Rocketman95, I was just too lazy to look it up [​IMG] )

------------------
    I have a dream.........his name's Hakeem.

[This message has been edited by DREAMer (edited January 24, 2000).]

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

That's the Nuggets, not the Mavs, DREAMer. [​IMG]

I don't know if that's a good or bad thing. I don't recall us playing well in Denver.

[This message has been edited by Rocketman95 (edited January 24, 2000).]

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

the great thing about our match up here is we don't rely on low post scorer...so the effectiveness of Garnett's unlimited defensive ability has no real target. (See Minn's win against Utah and Malone.)

The downside is Cato didn't look comfortable in his defensive minutes last night. Dream was playing excellent defense, especially his ability to cover both sides of the lane. But, Garnett is so fast, we'll see.

Here's a match-up problem for Minnesota, Wally guarding either Mobley or Anderson.