1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How are Rockets fans feeling this morning after these trades?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Ramu3, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Ramu3

Ramu3 Member

East is becoming the new West since the last offseason .

Jazz Lost D-will , Coach Jerry Sloan , Boozer in the offseason .

Suns lost Amare in the offseason.

Blazers pretty much , Oden and Brandon Roy careers are done .

Nuggets lost Carmelo , might lose others by salary dumping .

2. Don FakeFan

Don FakeFan Member

I feel we should do whatever to get a top 5 pick.

The value of a top 5 pick is so overrated and so tradable.....

I don't see any reason that we did not tank last season and this season. what a waste.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

who are you? Mark Berman?

What are my emotions? Ask me tomorrow night!

4. ThaShark316_28

What's tanking though? **** a tank, we got a stud at #14.

5. Jontro

Jontro Member

I feel empty.

Is this fantasy? What is the purpose of life?

6. spaceage808

spaceage808 Member

we should have developed our youth last year. all of the people that hated on this idea... I hope you are enjoying your over achieving season now!

Yep so many stars will want to come to our over achieving team.

7. Don FakeFan

Don FakeFan Member

but that stud has no trade value.

8. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Where do you get the idea that Patterson has no trade value?

He probably has plenty of trade value... but I imagine the Rockets are only willing to give him up if they get a star player in return.

9. YaosDirtyStache

10. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

I feel sad but all these trades have made me realize that most superstars were in the same conference (West). Unless you are stupid like Memphis you don't usually trade your best player into the same conference, though it has happened before. We are now seeing the shift of power moving to the East but I have a fear that in the future we will just be a mediocre team become the Milwaukee or Philly of the East. Able to get in the playoffs with a 6, 7, or 8 seed but not ever a true contender.

11. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I feel sore that we didn't put up a huge fight to try to win Deron, but it's hard to argue with what Utah got back. I think they made out as best as they could in this deal since you have to consider they would have been put through the same s*** that Denver had to endure this whole year if they had kept Deron for another season.

12. Prince

Prince Member

who cares about them.

13. houstonrockets0

Obviously, the Rockets are not going to make a move before the deadline that is worth anything. The Rockets not getting Deron Williams should tell you something when New Jersey literally just stole him from the Jazz. If the Rockets had any desire to bring in a superstar they would have given up Hill, Brooks, & Lee for Deron Williams. What are they thinking!?! Why is everyone so infatuated with Daryl Morey? Guarantee he will be shipped out of town before we get a player worth talking about.

14. RedHotRockets01

As much as I've been pining for a big trade, I say we sit tight and make our moves in the offseason. With all the money coming off our books, we have a legitimate shot at landing someone. Gasol, Jordan, SOMEONE. We aren't making the playoffs like our inner state rivals, but we have the chance to build something special for years to come. At least i hope so!!!

15. Sanity2disChaos

I am very upset right now.....ill give it another hour or two before I come to the realization that we are what we are......a average team with no leverage in any trades or shot at any Center in the NBA worth a damn... :mad: ....IT IS WRITTEN.

16. stab

stab Member

The more superstars that go to the EC, the better for the Rockets...Nuggets and Utah a little weakened....

17. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

MEDIOCRACY YAY

18. jrett121

jrett121 Member

lost in the shuffle.

19. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

Uhh Portland, Utah, Phoenix, and Denver weren't powerhouses in the west. Portland and Denver made it out of the first round a combined one time in the last decade. And the other two have been worse than SA, LAL, DAL basically every year.

Also NY and NJ still suck and can't compete with any of the top teams in the east. Hell, NY got worse after the Anthony deal.

20. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

the question is whether we have a capability to not tank the season.