1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How about Christie (trade thread)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by slickdick, Oct 23, 2003.

1. slickdick

slickdick Member

Doug Christie a world class defender with an average three pointer. I think a great compliment to YAO and the Franchise.

A lineup of:

YAO
    CATO
    PIKE
    CHRISTIE
    FRANCIS

IS POSSIBLE WITH THE FOLLOWING TRADE:

Houston trades: PF Eddie Griffin (8.6 ppg, 6.0 rpg, 1.1 apg in 24.5 minutes)
    C John Amaechi (2.0 ppg, 1.5 rpg, 0.4 apg in 9.5 minutes)
    SG Cuttino Mobley (17.5 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 2.9 apg in 41.7 minutes)
    Houston receives: PF Lawrence Funderburke (2.7 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 0.3 apg in 8.5 minutes)
    SG Doug Christie (9.3 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 4.7 apg in 33.9 minutes)
    Change in team outlook: -16.1 ppg, -5.4 rpg, and +0.6 apg.

Sacramento trades: PF Lawrence Funderburke (2.7 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 0.3 apg in 8.5 minutes)
    SG Doug Christie (9.3 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 4.7 apg in 33.9 minutes)
    Sacramento receives: PF Eddie Griffin (8.6 ppg, 6.0 rpg, 1.1 apg in 77 games)
    C John Amaechi (2.0 ppg, 1.5 rpg, 0.4 apg in 50 games)
    SG Cuttino Mobley (17.5 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 2.9 apg in 73 games)
    Change in team outlook: +16.1 ppg, +5.4 rpg, and -0.6 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

I think this will make us contend and the kings will do it cause Funderburke is out for the season and Mobley is younger than Christie.

I think they should throw in a future 1st for the lost of funderburke.

What do you think:confused:

2. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Game 7 WCF, 2002. Claaaang!

3. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

i don't see why the kings would want cuttino mobley and i don't see why we'd want doug christie. they need his D on that team and have enough shooters to compensate, we don't need him missing 3's with a big time low post threat. his regular season 3 pt % may be decent, i'm not sure, but i know he's the first guy you leave open if you're playing the kings, and he certainly didn't make a name for himself in game 7 as was mentioned earlier. damn near broke a few backboards.

4. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

if anything I want to find a way to get pedja on this team. I think having a consistent shooter such as him at the three would solve alot of van gundy's needs. I really don't know how we could get him on our team but I'm hoping that the kings are looking to rebuild soon so we could trade up eddie, maybe nachbar and some chunk change for him.

5. codell

codell Contributing Member

I don't thing the Kings will feel that Mobley is an upgrade over Christie. I tend to not think so either. Regardless, not worth upsetting team chemistry.

Amaechi and EG would have no value to them right now. And Funderburke certainly isn't worth a #1 pick.

6. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

tycoon...

are you on drugs?
    a virtual rookie still tryin to find his game and a bad attitude player that isnt even sure to come back and chump change for the best long distance shooter on the Kings??

the only way that happens is if their GM is a mental midget..

Im a Boki and Eggie supporter, but there aint NO WAY that trade happens.

geez people...if ytou are going popup with crappy trades, at least make em realistic.

7. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

Close this thread!!

We aren't giving up Cat, Eddie and a scrub for DOUG CHRISTIE!

That's horrible!

8. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Once again, my standard reply to 99.72648% of trade proposals here...

Why would (Other NBA Team) do this trade again?

Here's how a trade ususally goes. You trade to another team what they need, and they trade you what you need. The Kings already have two solid centers, one of the best power forwards in the NBA and a decent backup power forward, so you give them a scrub center and a twinkie soft power forward with drug and personal problems? The Kings have good shooters, so you give them a shooting guard? Makes sense...

It's not rocket surgery, people...

9. Thanos

Thanos Member

The guy CHOKED the Kings out of the playoffs.

No way I want him taking the open shot when Yao is double teamed.

Just forget it!

It's not like is Artest to justify losing Mobley.

10. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Where is the Kings' glut of 2-3s? Jimmy Jax is in Houston, Hedo is in SA. CHRISTIE REMAINS IN SAC. Wallace is still just a back up and Peeler is insurance.

Sac committed to Christie.

11. shawn786

shawn786 Member

This trade suks Big Time, noo wayyy

12. edwardc

edwardc Member

That trade succccccccccccks big time