1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston's next 7 games are brutal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jayfree, Feb 27, 2017.

1. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Pacers and Clippers games both are.

Dalton Truelove likes this.
  2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Brutal?!
    Having Brewer playing rotation minutes was brutal.

How much longer we gonna ignore Brewer is not playing for (against) rockets anymore?

snowconeman22 likes this.
  3. raining threes

These are the biggest games in this stretch.

I'm also interested in seeing how they do against the Spurs. They were real close angainst them and I'm hoping that the Williams/Brewer trade will put the Rockets ahead of the Spurs.

4. OTMax

OTMax Member

Indiana - L
    @LA Clippers - W
    Memphis - L
    @San Antonio - L
    Utah - W
    @Chicago - W
    Cleveland - W

4-3

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Without examining the standings too much, they officially make the playoffs with 7 more wins. Currently the 9th place teams have 34 losses.

6. Vin2k2

Vin2k2 Member

Rockets' opponents be like: it will be extremely brutal.

And the Rockets be like:
    [​IMG]

7. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I enjoy sitting back and watching homers in their natural habitat. (not meant as hate. meant as admiration)

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

It is a brutal schedule. We're a better team post trade, but our style of offense will be a bit unpredictable. If our threes are falling we can beat the Warriors, if not we could lose to the Twolves. I'd be happy with 4-3, but as long as our defense is playing hard again I'd be fine with a losing record. We'll see.

9. apollo33

apollo33 Member

7 game losing streak, clutchfans panic

Rox11 likes this.
  10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Worth noting on that UTAH game, that will be the TIE BREAKER game with Utah. We only play them 3 times this year. Could be significant as it relates to the 3rd/4th seed.

DonKnock likes this.
  11. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Bring it on. We're here to win a championship, can't do that if you're not ready to face a tough sched and punch it in the mouth.

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

This is exactly what the Rockets are doing and have all but come out and said it.

Morey and D'Antoni are trying to maximize the outlier potential to give their team some chance to beat more talented teams like the Cavs and Warriors. The inverse of that is that the Rockets are vulnerable against less talented teams in the playoffs as well.

You have Curry and Klay and Durant?...... alright we will throw out as many guys that can penetrate and/or go to the line and hit open 3's.

Fu** it, you will win the rebound battle by 20..... you may even shoot 50% from the floor........... but we are going to take 50-60 threes a game, and you better hope we don't hit 38% or better.... or it doesn't matter how good your superstars are.

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

No problem with the Rockets doubling down on their strengths. It provides the highest ceiling.

They can tweak their weaknesses more in the offseason.

14. Nook

Nook Member

I agree.

The Rockets were not going to get a player like Butler or DeAndre Jordan at the deadline.

So the Rockets doubled down on their strengths, so they can throw waves of players penetrating drawing fouls and hitting threes. The Rockets can throw more line up variations than almost any team and they have a coach that thrives at doing just that. I wouldn't be shocked to see Anderson get more minutes at the 5. There are going to be more and more times where the Rockets don't have a center on the floor.

DonKnock likes this.
  15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Agreed. If the Rockets see the Warriors in the WCF, we could see a Beverley/Harden/Ariza/Dekker/Anderson lineup. Anderson can play ZaZa. But if you play Dekker big minutes you need another 3/4 in reserve. That's why I have been saying the Rockets should look heavily at Omri Casspi as he would be a good fit in that role.

16. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

why ppl so worried? we're likely going to remain as the 3rd seed by the end of the season we're too far ahead of the 4th seed and with how the spurs have been playing, we're probably not going to catch up.

17. TexasRedd

TexasRedd Member

Cavs game is nationally televised too just in case anyone was wondering

Rox11, Nook and DonKnock like this.
  18. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

Jinx needed. Please re-do.thread.

19. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I agree. But I want to finish with better record than the Cavs just in case we luck out and play them in the playoffs.

20. RocketTownHou

RocketTownHou Member

I see us going probably 5-2 in that stretch. If we light it up from behind the arc, we can take all 7. If we go into a 3-pt slump, we could go 3-4. I really want to see us take down the Spurs. SA and Memphis' defense will be a test to see what we really have going into the playoffs. Bombs away!