1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston We Have A Power Forward

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Old Man Rock, Apr 3, 2013.

1. basketballholic

Yoohoo! Hello everybody!

(jones is playing his way right out of the rotation)

2. Red.Glare

Red.Glare Member

Disappearing during games, or for several games, was the big knock on Jones in college. I don't know if he has hit his "rookie wall", or is just being himself.

3. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

This

Too bad we could not get Ilyasova.

4. basketballholic

The wall that he has smashed into and he will not be able to extricate himself from is the "all the good teams that are trying to win have figured out how to play Terrence Jones" wall.

The reason he will not be able to extricate himself from this wall is because Terrence Jones cannot shoot a basketball.

Therefore he is not going to magically come out of this funk that he is in. Even when he throws up 20/8 against the 76ers he'll still be in that funk.

Don't be surprised if during the playoffs our big man rotation becomes Dwight, Asik, Greg Smith, and Chandler Parsons. Don't be surprised if Greg Smith becomes the starting power forward on this team.

Do be surprised if Terrence Jones plays more than 10 minutes per game in the first round of the playoffs. And if he does, don't be surprised if we lose in the first round.

Right now as we are discussing this....DMo has blown by Terrence Jones in quality play on the floor like Jones was stuck in concrete. And DMo's game is as holey as a piece of swiss cheese.

5. Progs

Progs Member

No knee jerk. We are well into the 2nd half of the season. Hoping he turns it around but won't be betting on that. Just my opinion.

6. basketballholic

It's not going to happen this season. For him to be so hot in trade talks (I don't believe that), we should have traded him while we could have squeezed a first rounder out of him (I don't believe we could have done that either or we would have).

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

No Jordan Hamilton on your list BTW.

8. basketballholic

Should I add him or something?

I'm fixing to change it to a list of players we will sign to replace Brewer with and predict our rotation going into the playoffs.