1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Texans Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by BobFinn*, Apr 11, 2002.

1. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Getting to know your Houston Texans

[​IMG]

Quarterback David Carr, right, the Houston Texans' announced first pick in the NFL draft, shakes hands with quarterback Mike Quinn (11) during practice Thursday, April 11, 2002, in Houston. (AP Photo/Pat Sullivan)

2. BobFinn*

[​IMG]

Quarterback David Carr, right, the Houston Texans' announced first pick in the NFL draft, talks over plays with veteran quarterback Kent Graham during a spring practice for the NFL expansion team, Thursday, April 11, 2002, in Houston. In 37 games at Fresno State, Carr completed 62.8 percent of his passes for 7,849 yards, 70 touchdowns and 23 interceptions. As a starter, he had an 18-8 record. (AP Photo/Pat Sullivan)

3. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

I'm not gay or anything, but is it wrong of me to say that Carr is a nice looking guy?

4. PhiSlammaJamma

Dude, you are right, this guy could potentially be a superstar on looks alone. Houston is going to get their money's worth in marketing.

5. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Good to know the guy is married with a child...safe to say he'll be home every night :D

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

He should grow a beard like Bagwell and he'd be cooler. That's probably not an NFL thing, though. I quit following pro ball after the Oilers left, so I'm rusty.

7. BobFinn*

Carr Getting Read for Pro Career
    Thu Apr 11, 4:45 PM ET
    By MICHAEL A. LUTZ, AP Sports Writer

HOUSTON - David Carr already is putting down roots in Houston even before the Houston Texans formally make him the first pick in the NFL draft.

While his wife Melody looked for furniture and went house hunting Thursday, Carr, designated by the Texans as their first selection ever, checked out his new workplace.

"I'm so excited to get on the field," Carr said after watching the team work out. "This is all fun, all the stuff that comes before. I'm going to try and come in and do what I'm supposed to do. I'm trying to fit in as much as I can."

When the Texans finally get Carr's name on a contract, he'll already know his way around the city's complicated freeway system.

"All I know is football, my wife is looking for a place to live, that's her job," Carr said. "This has been a good experience, it's going to be huge for me in my development here. I don't have to go through getting lost on the 610."

Carr watched the Texans go through a morning workout on one of the carefully manicured grass practice fields and toured the indoor bubble practice facility adjacent to Reliant Stadium, where the Texans will play their home games this fall.

He noticed a difference in the Texans playbook from the one he used in college.

"The playbook is much thicker than we had at Fresno State," he said. "I think we had two or three protections and it looked like we have two or three hundred here. But we ran a pro style offense and I'm excited to get here too."

Did he have questions?

"Yeah, what's that?" Carr said, slightly puzzled as he watched quarterbacks Kent Graham, Mike Quinn and Ben Sankey taking snaps in a multitude of formations.

Coach Dom Capers thinks Carr can learn even watching the Texans from the sidelines.

"I think he can get a feel of the mechanics of getting in the huddle and how we calls the plays and the formations and the motion," Capers said. "He can watch the tempo that we do things."

Capers was pleased to see Carr getting settled.

"To be able to focus on the field and in the classroom, you have to have everything else settled outside," Capers said. "That's the No. 1 priority for David right now.

8. gr8-1

Smokey, is your signature true? What is that about?

9. Old School

Old School Member

Sez who? That never applied to Barkley. But Carr, I think, is a good kid.

os

10. Smokey

Look up the ESPN NFL Draft Chat with Roy Williams. He typed it. I just cut and pasted it into my signature with quotes.

Look up the ESPN NFL Draft Chat with David Carr. Someone asks him what he's gonna do with all that money. He says his wife controls the finances.

Safe to say Carr will be home every night :)

The wife and kid doesn't seal the deal but what he typed in the chat seals the deal.

11. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Caption contest:
    pic. #1 Jerry Maguire and Cousch reunite in Texas.
    Damn, I can't wait any longer.
    Go Texans!!
    :)

12. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

He looks fragile :eek:

13. Smokey

Way to go guys now I want a Carr jersey!

Question is off-topic though, do people actually wear jerseys anymore outside of games?

#13 Smokey, Apr 11, 2002
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2002
  14. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

If y'all were gay, more ugly dudes would be scoring.

15. gr8-1

For what it's worth, you scumbag, plenty of hot gay dudes have hit on me. ;) :D Why aren't you at Aussies?

16. Smokey

Do you speak english?

17. DiSeAsEd MoNkEy

i guess he looks alright.

to meet my needs...

i think we'll be needing some grungy rock and roll guys on the team as well :)

18. unt2003

unt2003 Member

have yall seen his wife!!?!?! man is she a babe. if i was carr i wouldnt be leaving the house anytime soon.

19. outlaw

outlaw Member

eh, he's OK.
    [​IMG]

Assemblies of God QB wins Unitas Award

Fresno State senior quarterback David Carr became only the sixth college quarterback ever to throw for at least 4,000 yards and 40 touchdowns while leading the Bulldogs to a nearly undefeated season and a berth in the Silicon Valley Bowl. He took one step closer to achieving his childhood dream of becoming a National Football League quarterback November 27 when he was named the Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award winner.

The award, named after the Baltimore Colts’ Hall of Fame quarterback, is given to the nation’s best senior college quarterback. Unitas informed Carr of his award with a phone call during a team meeting.

Growing up, Carr attended Liberty Christian Center (Assemblies of God) in Bakersfield, Calif., a church pastored by his grandfather, David Joyner. Carr, who stands 6 feet, 3 inches tall and weighs 225 pounds, stayed active in church and maintained his love and discipline for football, while incorporating his faith into both.

Carr is hard to miss among his teammates because of the way he lives. Before Carr’s first start versus Ohio State, his grandfather was invited into the team’s chapel. "There were only seven players and one coach," Joyner says. "Now those numbers have blossomed because they have seen David’s life and they know that he lives what he talks about." Joyner says that Carr’s convictions are precise and his actions are clean.

Carr met his wife, Melody, who attended First Assembly of God in Bakersfield, at a youth camp in Southern California. During the football season, the Carrs, who have one son, Austin, attend People’s Church (Assemblies of God) in Fresno.

While being touted as a first-round pick in this year’s NFL draft, Carr knows that his faith in Jesus Christ is what has blessed him so far. "David always makes sure in every interview that he gives God credit for putting him where he is," Joyner says. "He has a strong faith in God that was instilled in him by his parents from the time he was a kid."

20. Smokey

I guess his wife does his shopping too ;)

Look closely at the sweaters in the two pictures.