1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    GAME 7 ORLANDO vs CLEVELAND. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Houston stories- Fact or Fiction?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Another Brother, Jan 9, 2003.

1. B-ball freak

B-ball freak Contributing Member

I met Warren Moon once - complete a-hole! My band was doing the MTV sports festival and we were in the green room (tent) with him. One of my boys was trying to talk to him - small talk, nothing obnoxious - and the dude literally pretended we were not there.

If you are easily grossed out, read no further

As far as the Alm thing goes, I also heard that said friend was in a dress. I tend not to believe this, it's typical of an urban legend exaggeration. I also heard that the part of Jeff Alm that stayed with the friend was only in liquid form. Might explain the erratic driving.

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Nevermind drapg...just got a lunch invitation from RM95's Girl. Maybe this afternoon sometime.

3. drapg

drapg Member

Cool. You know where I'll be. :D :(

4. SKJ

SKJ Member

I've heard all the above stories, but not in a while! It's nice to think back though:) I remember Ernest Givens actually adressing the issue in an interview....says he's not.

and for the record Chris Wragge's wife is Victoria Silvstedt (absolutely amazing)!!

5. Summer Song Giver

Damn that's cold you shouldn't be spreading unfounded rumors:mad:

:D

#85 Summer Song Giver, Jan 10, 2003
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2003
  6. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

How did NBC pick up Wragge for the Winter Olympics?

7. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

My company locked me outta Ms. Bagwell's site also. PC Nazis.

8. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Where did Ch. 2 find Cindy Garza? Was it when they were investigating strip clubs? She's pretty hot for a reporter.

9. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Eldon used to serve me beer at Kay's when I was 15 years old. It was cool back in the day to be 15 and be able to order beer in a bar. That's why I became a regular.

I heard Eldon's health is starting to deteriorate pretty rapidly.

One time, about 3 years ago, I was in there on a Saturday night, sitting next to Dave Ward at the bar. He had already downed a few. We were talking, and then an older woman, whose looks had seen better days, probably in her 50s but dressed like she thought she was a 20 year old hottie, walked into the bar. Dave Ward stopped talking and stared at the woman, following her with his eyes all the way to the back of the place by the jukebox. He then turned back to me and apologized. "Sorry about that" he said. "She looked like my 3rd wife".

10. TheHorns

TheHorns Member

She was a well known local "model" and there was the rumor that she was pregnant prior to the crash. The day the crash occurred, people started talking about a conspiracy.

He was out on a regular basis at the old Crush Bar, and he had blondes arriving with him regularly .

note: these were not girls from Big Brothers & Big Sisters of Houston.

To this day I laugh at the hypocrisy of that man. NFL Man of the year and doing what he was doing. True he did many wonderful things off the field for the community, and he also did many women in the community.

I wish they would pick him up and take him out of town. I will trade Wragge for Hannah Storm (not that she is attractive) any day. He is an arrogant little prick. But credit where credit is due, he is getting to sleep with a pretty nice looking woman.

11. Buck Turgidson

15? Man, I had to bum rides from older kids to go to a c-store on Long Point to get a beer back then. You were cool.

Great story about Ward, I've had a few with him, he's a really nice guy.

12. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

Anyone here throw down with Rudy? Used to see him at The Pig and at the Gingerman after games. He was no amateur at slinging the pints back, and not bad at darts, either. Really cool guy to drink with, but I respect his choice to quit.

13. TheHorns

TheHorns Member

Another good one, didn't he run his Range Rover into a tree either in West U or off Braeswood?

14. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

I had a beer with he and Eddie Sefko at a bar in Galveston during one training camp. He was really cool, bought me beer!

15. TheHorns

TheHorns Member

I call bull **** on that one. Journalist (especially sports) do not drink:rolleyes:

Those were the days. Galveston training camps = Champs

16. Another Brother

You must know Ken Hoffman!

Jeff McShan and I used to tear it up pretty good, he is a REALLY good guy. LUUUUUUUUUUVVVVVVVS black women!

17. TheHorns

TheHorns Member

Hell, that was back when you drank... well until you were on stage a couple weeks back.

No BS I used to see him at the Astros games before he left 2 and then a little bit after, and he always struck me as being a pretty cool guy.

18. Another Brother

Calm down Mannix, I never stopped drinking, I stopped getting drunk.

19. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Until I hand you your ass in NTN!

20. Free Agent

Free Agent Member

I don't know about the gay thing but I had always heard he was a convicted pedophile...from a number of people. How can he possibly be on tv if that is true?