1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston stories- Fact or Fiction?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Another Brother, Jan 9, 2003.

1. codell

codell Contributing Member

drapg,

Thanks for the follow up. I am definitely skeptical too.

There must have been some adrenalin flowin' if Alm, after losing his "piece", had the where-with-all to get out, look for his gun, then shoot himself.

I can't speak for you guys, but If I lost my baby-maker, I would be too doubled over in pain and shock to do anything but scream like a soprano.

I guess anything is possible though.

:eek:

2. drapg

drapg Member

I guess that's why I never took any advanced Biology classes! :D

I didn't know that muscles tighten up that much after death. Something to think about next time I'm in a car and a future girlfriend offers some satisfaction! ;)

3. drapg

drapg Member

Actually, I could see myself using a gun because I'd be so irrational after being in an accident, killing my friend, and losing my... and thinking that I couldn't live normally without it.

I'd be so distraught that I could see myself committing suicide instantly. That was the only part of the story that I could realistically believe.

Man are we derailing this thread badly!

4. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I've met Chuck George. He let me and my other classmates play on the wheather thing. This one guy was wearing blue, so we could only see his head and his arms and legs.

Chuck just seemed....ya know. He seemed.

Ed Brandon? The old guy?

No way? When was this?

Khambrell Marshall....

I saw Craig Roberts Desk. He had a picture of a Houston Oiler on it. If I saw Chris Wragge, I would have kicked his ass. I want to fight Chris Wragge.

5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Yeah, this thread is really losing its member in a car wreck. I tell you what. At least we've learned a valuable lesson: pull over.

6. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I heard they were drunk. Those two guys. Alm and his friend.

7. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Only at the church of whiskey sour. :)

In commenting on the gayness of local weathermen, channel 2 has cornered the market with George and Billingsly. Most days, Billingsly has so much eye-liner on, it makes one wonder if he's got the drag sttuff in the back for the after-broadcast party at Mary's.

And speaking of gay, there's a reason why local media jokingly refer to channel 2 investigative reporter Robert Arnold as Captain Fabulous. :D

8. codell

No kidding.

I am getting out while I can.

Ill leave it at this: Until someone goes to the county coroner's office and get copies of their autopsys and proves this myth, I will remain very skeptical.

Too far fetched to believe IMO.

9. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Wragge is supposedly one of the nicest media person in Houston. A number of people have told me that.

10. codell

How about Matt Lavine over at Fox 26?

He likes to wear those fashionable glasses while on the air. Hmmmmmmmmmm ........

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Wow, codell... what you said seems convincing to me. It's weird that I never heard this particular story. I remember the accident. The whole thing was really shocking, even without the "urban legend" part.

The story about Kathy Whitmire certainly made the rounds. I could care less if she was or wasn't, but it's definitely a Houston urban legend. So is Hofheinz not running for re-election as mayor because HPD had something on him. THAT I'm inclined to believe. HPD was capable of a great deal back then.

12. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

People hate on Wragge cause he's married to some famous model...I can't remember her name right now though

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I'm confused. Your father, stepmother, ex-wife, etc said one thing that wasn't true about your "immediate family." Maybe I'm missing something, but this sounds like a family dispute.

I also have 6 doctors in my immediate family, two nurses, and know many people at TMC....starting with 2 doctors and 2 nurses from my immediate family.

But we shouldn't be talking about such a tragic outcome. This is unproveable, because it should remain unproveable.

But please don't critique my sources. ;)

#53 heypartner, Jan 9, 2003
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2003
  14. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I like him too. He seems swell, but he took Craig Roberts job.

I remember seeing him on the home and garden channel talking about grass.

15. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

No. I mentioned all of them to note how closely myself and my family have been to other hospital personnel. Those things about us got back to us through the grapevine eventually, but they weren't started by the family members or passed along by them (though some family members weren't as good as others about shutting down the rumors).

I'm just saying lots of things are said by lots of people. Medical personnel not excluded. Unless they were the ones who pried the detached member out of the mouth (or were present when it was), the source is going to be suspect (and unless I heard it from them directly, I'd still be skeptical). Being close to where something may have happened doesn't make one a better source. It's still second-hand information (and we have had someone online here claim that one of his relatives knows the Richard Gere/gerbil story to be true because his relative was allegedly there. So are we all willing to say the Richard Gere story is true?)

16. Summer Song Giver

17. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Ernest Givins was the Oiler who favored pickles, as does Frank Billingsly (The old KLOL morning crew had a field day with this story).

For the person wondering what Jeffries is doing, I believe he was coaching a team in the womens football league?

Marvin Zindler is 80 and has a lifetime contract with channel 13. I've met him on two different occasions, in daylight, and he was a complete ******* both times. Bluehair thinks he's a god.

Jeff Alm...I've lived here all of my life, complete sports junkie, and this is the first time I've heard this. Dayum, that's sick/sad.

#57 LonghornFan, Jan 9, 2003
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2003
  18. drapg

drapg Member

Correct. Last I heard he was coaching the Houston Energy of the Women's Professional Football League (WPFL). Its the same league that fields the Austin Rage.

19. moomoo

moomoo Member

It's JEFFIRES, dammit! J-E-F-F-I-R-E-S!! Jef - fires!

:)

20. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

He didn't take Roberts' job. Channel 2 was trimming their payroll and Roberts had a big fat contract. Wragge was cheaper.