1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Sport's Knuckleheads/Psychos/One Year Guys/Mentally Questionable Mount Rushmore

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BlackSombrero, Jan 26, 2016.

1. BlackSombrero

BlackSombrero Member

Ron Artest for sure!

2. Poloshirtbandit

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

pippen's punk a** ??

4. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Kirk Snyder, Mad Max

5. BlackSombrero

BlackSombrero Member

On June 25, 2008, the Astros announced that Chacón was suspended indefinitely for insubordination after a physical altercation with Astros General Manager Ed Wade. The incident began after Chacón repeatedly refused to leave the team dining room to speak with Wade in his office. Chacón claimed that Wade raised his voice and verbally attacked him, telling him to "look in the mirror", though Wade has denied raising his voice or verbally attacking Chacón. In a fit of rage Chacón grabbed the much smaller Wade by the neck and threw him to the ground. When Wade tried to get up Chacón repeatedly knocked him back down before other players could intervene to stop the assault. On whether he regretted the incident Chacón stated "If there's any regret, I just wish they had just let me alone".

6. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Carl Everett, I think he said something about dinosaurs that Rome picked up on.

John Jenkins, if I recall he wouldn't share playbooks with other teams and was splicing p*rn clips in game film. I believe it was partly the Daily Cougar that ultimately took him down and got the Coogs on probation. I guess Dana Dimel because he ruined the program and we ruined his career at the same time.

Ladd Herzeg, for all the bad coaches post-Phillips he was the nexus for a pretty toxic environment. He also marginalized Holovak who ultimately built the '90s Oilers roster once Herzeg left. Although I guess Bill Petersen because he was pretty bad '70s Oilers coach and a Rice guy.

Kenny Hand said something about Jose Lima being a basket case before he had his 20-win season, that probably proved true when he lost 20 a year later.

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

ScottePippen
    Royce White
    Ryan Mallet
    Derek Bell

8. BlackSombrero

BlackSombrero Member

Now the Rockets will focus on depth. Craig Roberts had reported that the Pippen trade means Othella Harrington won't be back. We don't know why that would be true and we certainly hope it's false -- Harrington certainly didn't sound like a player that won't be coming back.

"I'm hopefully looking forward to playing with Scottie," Harrington said. "If you look at it, it makes the team that much more athletic. Scottie can do a lot of things, push the ball up on the break, handle running plays, give Matt and Brent the opportunity to play to their strengths to spot up and shoot the ball. The addition of Scottie is tremendous. He gives so many things on the court, his ability to defend, post up, score, pass. Wow."

The Rockets will have their Big Three trio, and their trio of rookies (Cuttino, Dickerson and Drew). They also will have Rhodes when he gets back in 8 to 10 weeks from his chest injury. After that it's up for grabs. Brent Price is under contract, but surely the Rockets will try to unload him anyway possible -- especially if rumors are true that the Rocks would like to bring back Matt Maloney. As I've said before, three white point guards is a crime punishable by death, so look for a trade if that is the case.

Are the Rockets immediate contenders? They're contenders, yes. The favorites? No, I doubt it. They don't have the depth just yet.

But they may shortly. Stay tuned...

As for Pippen...

Welcome to Clutch City baby.

9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Kirk Snyder, you can't sleep on that guy.

Him and TJones.

11. yo

yo Contributing Member

Dude was pure muscle. My goodness.

12. Buck Turgidson

Charlie Kerfeld
    Mitch Meluskey
    Joaquin Andujar

13. conquistador#11

van waffles! he was like a hippster psycho before hipsters. Chacon only did what we fans were thinking =).

football: buddy ryan.

baseball: regulator/wife beater. I can't even remember his name right now. was the closer?

14. rhino17

rhino17 Member

1) unquestionably is mad max

I think Royce White and Carl Everett also deserve to be on there

Last spot is up for grabs

15. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Surprised no Eddie Griffin reference

16. LFE171

LFE171 Member

Charles Barkley

17. JamesC

JamesC Member

Von Wafer

18. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Tony Boselli - Set the Texans off on the wrong foot
    Royce White - what a head case
    Scotty Pippen - what a flake
    Bud Adams - Grade A Ahole at the end

19. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

But noses are made of cartilage

20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

No WAY Mad Max, unless I don't really understand the thread.

he meant way too much to this franchise to put him on any negative list, even though he had an unfortunate blow up in 1995.