1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Rockets @ All-Star Weekend (Pictures Included) *T-Mac, Yao, Clyde + more

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OGKashMoney, Feb 21, 2007.

1. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

Here is a review of everything Rockets @ All-Star Weekend since ESPN, and the Media are so anti-Rockets and don't show any love for our team. Thats why is nice to have a place like Clutchfans where Rox fans can interact with each other and share their personal experiences with each other.

Jam Session (Saturday):

-I got there early in the morning wearing 4 Rockets Jerseys (Yao Auth. & throwback, T-Mac auth. & Throwback) and my throwback Rockets hat so that I can show off my Rox pride and hopefully get Mac and Ming to sign them.

-First personal I got to see was Clyde Drexler and I got to shake his hand, but he was in a rush to get to the All-Star practice so he didn't get to sign my hate, but it was an honor to meet a Rocket legend like him. So my day is already off to a great start.

-At around 11 am, D-Wade made an appearance at the T-Mobile station so everyone was there and I couldn't see anything so I decided to go to the entrance of the Center Court where the West All-Stars practice in case I see Yao or T-Mac, and by pure luck, a press lady gave me and my girlfriend her tickets to the practice and we got to see the West All-Stars. I go into the West All-Star Practice and have great seats. The tickets were worth like $500 each, so I was even more excited.

-At practice, Yao was in street clothes and T-Mac was there along with the rest of the West team. After a couple shoots and lay-ups, they decided to take half-court shots. Yao Ming tried a shot backwards from half-court that went in-and-out that was just plain sick. The strength of the guy is amazing. Just makes it even more scary to think of how strong Shaq must be. T-Mac takes a couple more shots and the West All-Stars finish practicing. I go over to the exit and get a high-five from T-Mac, Yao, Kobe, and Melo. Yao and T-Mac both looked like they had lots of fun.

-At around 4 pm, T-Mac made an appearance at the T-Mobile station. I wanted 2 1/2 hours in line and the security lady saw how much of a fan I was so she came over and told me she would let me in to get his signature no matter what. And that was really cool of her. So we shows up and 10 people get to play with him. They do some dribbling, lay-ups and play knock-out. Then the security let me get through so I could get his signature. He signed my throwback, and authentic, and throwback hat. I got to shake his hand, but the place was so crazy that I got caught between T-Mac and the fans behind the barricades. His bodyguards wouldn't let me leave so I started patting T-Mac on his back, and started telling him how he needs to bring a trohy to Houston. Lots of fun and worth the 3 hours in line.

-I waited for Luther Head who was supposed to make an appearance at the Autograph stage, but he never showed up so I left happily and decided to hit the poker tables.

Sunday:

-After a late night at the poker tables, we got to the Sunday Jam Session late and I missed a Yao Migh appearance which was disappointing b/c I had my Auth. and throwback Yao jerseys to get signed, but I tried to have fun anyways.

-At around 2 pm, Kenny Smith made an appearance at the Skills Challenge station and I tried to get his signature. I wanted to try and take a picture with him and get to him to sign my hat and then ask him why he never defends the Rockets when Charles is talking bad about them on TNT. He did a really funny skit with the guy from NBA2k7 that wears the Jazz jersey. After a 45 min appearance, he was leaving and I got to shake his hand and ask him to sign my hat, but he said he had to get to the TNT pregame show.

Here are a couple pictures, I will post more once they are uploaded.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

More Pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

3. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

4. entirelydave

entirelydave Member

what a good hat that is. i would love to have that. not w/ the signatute. just the hat. i want to sport it. :D

5. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

Are the pictures showing up? I can't see them, and I got some more to post....

6. XxShadyPinkxX

XxShadyPinkxX Contributing Member

Yes the pics r showing up. Great story and nice pics. It must've been an honor to rub elbows with the greats.

7. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

Ok, its not showing for me for some reason. But it was a blast going there.

8. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

9. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

Last of the pictures... Sorry if i posted doubles, I still can't see the pictures on the forums.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. qrui

qrui Member

thanks for sharing. those were great.

11. cook

cook Member