1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Rockets: A cursed team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RX2012, Mar 30, 2015.

1. RX2012

RX2012 Member

Look I have been a fan for a long time, and I can clearly see that this team isn't destined to be great. They're just always going to be good enough to be close but then never have opportunities for fair chances at title shots.

YAO INJURED

T-MAC INJURED

DWIGHT INJURED

BEVERLY INJURED

Don't be surprised next year when by the time Houston is nearing the playoffs there will be a HARDEN INJURY, after running him a few years into the ground.

1 person likes this.
  2. delta69er

delta69er Member

Why? Just why?

3. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

Yao Tmac Dwight Bev...

now which one of those dont belong...?

beverly is a loss, but not THAT big of a loss to consider it a curse. Dwight is back, and was injured before he came to houston, so other than Yao and tmac this is kinda pointless.

4. RX2012

RX2012 Member

Dude it still messes with the whole formula of the team man, you will see. One part changes up a lot of the scheme.

Now teams wont even be scared at the perimeter, who's going to guard the perimeter with presence??

5. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Bev's an excellent defender and in the post season we need that..... Don't undermine players and think you know everything.

6. Anticope

Anticope Member

After all those other injuries you listed it seems to me that if Beverley is our biggest loss this year then our luck is headed in the right direction.

7. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

hey man, don't jinx James.

Have you seen the number of injuries on key players in the NBA this year? We're not the worst-hit. I would say POR historically with Roy and Oden going down. LMA should have gotten that surgery; with Matthews out, they won't make it out of 1st round.

In terms of impact, there's the recurring injury on KD. We don't know how he'll be going forward.

8. MoonieMac10

MoonieMac10 Member

Thats the way to look forward to this teams right future.

9. MoonieMac10

MoonieMac10 Member

fixed

10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Beverley??? Every team loses players to injuries. Beverley isn't Yao or Tmac.

I'm just praying that we don't lose Jones / Motiejunas in addition. THOSE guys are very critical in their own ways (Jones energy and rebounding, DMo's offensive versatility)

11. langal

langal Contributing Member

if we think a hurt BEV means "cursed" then we suck. sorry.

12. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

dwight also doesn't belong on that list. Yao and T-Mac missed playoff time due to injuries, but dwight so far has not.

Houston isn't cursed. Injuries just play a large part in playoff success for every team. Happens every year. A team with a great shot just can't stay healthy, or the team that did stay healthy is a lock to win it all. Just part of the game.

13. RX2012

RX2012 Member

BEVERLY IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN JONES AND MOTIEJUNAS.

I would not be panicking if Jones or Motie are injured. We have Dwight, Josh Smith.

14. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

Alot of NBA teams must feel like they're cursed, with the sheer number and magnitude of injuries this season.

I'm gonna remain positive and hope all our remaining guys are back to good health by playoff-time. I've never been a big Bev fan, and he hasn't been that great this season. I'm hoping our old guys can step up at PG, and the coaching staff can come up with an effective way to guard opposing PGs (maybe put Brewer in there for stretches).

15. ZJP3

ZJP3 Member

Please, please leave this site and never come back again.

16. zyt

zyt Member

lakers were cursed, blazers were cursed, houston not so much

17. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

NO frontcourt depth is priceless. Having 4 starting caliber big men is what seperates the Rockets from the other 7 playoff teams. OKC and Memphis are close.

Dmo>>>Bev

Jones>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bev

18. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Yao, TMac and Dwight are superstars. Bev is a solid role player. Get a grip. Everyone in the NBA has injuries to deal with, just be glad it's not Harden having issues.

[​IMG]

19. HookemHorns1250

Beverley...as much as I love him, doesn't fit the list of being cursed. It's all about team defense now. Not individual assignments. Beverley was the least of my worries when it comes to injuries.

D-Mo would be a killer.
    Jones the way he rebounds would be a disaster, and we all know we'd just fold up tent if Dwight or James got injured.

However, that being said, defense isn't about just one player. It's about a team buying into a system which we have. We were the 6th best defensive team WITH OUT Dwight. Now imagine what it will look like. Do you think we'd really let Jet or Prig guard elite point guards in critical situations? Brewer will draw the assignment along with Ariza. We just need Terry and either Nick or Prig to at least give 100 percent on the defensive side, and Terry has to hit his 3's to make up for his lack of d. It'll at least keep teams in check on the defensive side of the ball.

Don't write the Rockets off because of a Beverley injury, we're still dangerous, and we're still going to make a run.

20. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Imagine how okc must feel. At least we will go in postseason healthy minus bev.