1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Restaurant Week 2016

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Genesis, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Genesis

Genesis Contributing Member

Thinking about partaking in the event this month, wondering if you guys have lunch/dinner recommendations that are must try.

I heard the following are good...
    Caracol
    Brennans
    Vic and Anthony
    Cap Grille
    Backstreet Cafe
    Del Frisco

2. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

Interested in this too.

My only recommendation would be to try whatever steak place you've been wanted to try. It seems like the best deal.

3. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Caracol- Can't go wrong with their Ostiones Asados. HUGE fan. I've only been twice but both times I left with a happy belly.

Brennans - Just meh now. Totally over priced for the food now but they have a very, very nice outside bar above the gorgeous scenery in the back.

Vic and Anthony- Just another steak house. Good steaks, just not somewhere I go any longer. Too much out there to choose from besides another steak house.

Cap Grille - Never been.

Backstreet Cafe - VERY good, but for the best hit up their Sunday brunch.

Del Frisco- At the Grille, the Cheese steak egg rolls are the bomb and The Grille has pretty much the best burgers in town. Made with Prime sirloin.

4. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Is III Forks any good? Always wanted to try it.

5. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Agree on Caracol and Brennans. Caracol dinner is good but they also have one of the best brunch buffets in town for sure. Went to Brennans a few months ago and meh is the right word.

Capitol Grill and Del Frisco easily in the Top 3 best steak restaurants in Houston for me. Can't go wrong with either.

6. Genesis

LOL, thanks for input! Eat out a lot eh :grin: ?! Might lean toward back street cafe for this Sunday brunch =)

7. Genesis

I've been to Del Frisco, and agree they serve some awesome steaks.

8. Buck Turgidson

Still the same place, same patio, still similar to when Hugo was there?

That was my favorite brunch spot in the whole city on the Sunday after a weekend date . Crab cakes were just about the best in town.

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I did Cafe Brussels and Mala Sechuan.

Next is Peli Peli

10. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

One in Austin is pretty fantastic.