1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Pro City Pro AM Tournament At Fonde???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Gummi Clutch, Jul 10, 2009.

Tags:
  1. TheTruth

TheTruth Contributing Member

Yeah, they played last Wednesday. Only notables I saw were Mike Harris and Tierre Brown.

2. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Yea I saw Mike Harris driving his Sick silver BENTLEY! Then I saw this tramp coming up to his car and asking for his number lol.

3. TheTruth

Von Wafer and James White played last night for Moses Malone's team and blew out the team they played against. I only came in during the 4th quarter and saw Von prob make 9/10 shots. White had a nice hammer dunk where his face was at the rim too.

4. JamesC

JamesC Member

Yea I came in during the 4th quarter too. James White makes dunking look easy.

5. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Just came back from Fonde...watched Damon Jones in the first game and Von Wafer, James White, and Glen "Big Baby" Davis in the 2nd.

Just from my observations, Von played hardly any D and hit some big jumpers and made some boneheaded plays as usual. James White cries to the refs alot and never commits a turnover or foul, and Big Baby is a monster on the boards and is athletic for a big guy.

I talked to Von for a brief moment at the water fountain and asked him if he was coming back to Houston (I pointed at my shirt as I wearing a Rockets shirt) and he replied "Man, they don't want me!!" I told him, "What you mean they don't want you"? He replied kinda harshly, "They don't want me."

Take it as you want....thats all I got....

1 person likes this.
  6. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

And why would we?
    Dude's a chucker. And a knucklehead.
    Good riddance.

7. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

I think he'll be back. It's a tough year to be a FA, if there were other offers out there for Von he would have signed already.

8. arjun

arjun Member

Von Wafer GOT DUNKED ON SO BAD

IT WAS SICK! HE GOT DICKED!

9. tim562

Dude, it was a sick dunk..... :D

10. rocket3forlife2

One of my friends watched the whole game and told me that Von dominated.

11. tim562

Von had his moments....made a few shots in a row...made a buzzer beater, got dunked on....probably the best player out there.....just didn't play any D and still makes bone headed plays....very emotional out there... :D

12. JamesC

JamesC Member

Who dunked on him? A friend of mine almost got him at the end of the game last monday.

13. CBJAMM42

CBJAMM42 New Member

Rashard "LIEF" Lewis is his name because he is from Alief...He has not been to the Fonde in 3yrs...you say you hate the M.C. But he gives all the guys those great nicknames...hoop fans should go to the fonde if they wanna see some great action...games start at 6:30 every mon & wed...championship is at 7:00 on aug. 12th

14. CBJAMM42

CBJAMM42 New Member

He got dunked on by a guy named "BOOTSY" Valentine...it was a nasty 1hander off the break...after that Von woke up and scored 30 and his team won by 20plus!

15. TheTruth

Von's team was up 20+ at the half. I remember it being real close at the end and Von sealing it with free throws.

James White had a NICE breakaway one hander (head at the rim again) but he defers to other players a lot on offense. One funny moment was he stole the ball and had no one between him and the basketball but got fouled and he turned around and flicked the guy off :D .

16. CBJAMM42

CBJAMM42 New Member

I wanted James " Flight" White do a nasty dunk...I hope he gets in the rotation next year with the rockets...

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Good to see Kirk Snyder got out of the mental hospital and even got a nickname.

18. CBJAMM42

CBJAMM42 New Member

DUDE? "Captain" Kirk fell off...insane!!!

19. JamesC

JamesC Member

Von Wafer is a beast...rockets really need to find a way to bring him back. He had close to 40 tonight, raining jumper after jumper. Mo Taylor looked damn good out there too. He's lost a lot of weight and looks like he's in great shape.

20. bamtonio

bamtonio Member

remember that hes not playing against nba level competition though