1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Shai vs. Luka as the Mavericks try to even the series in OKC. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Houston Press] Looking ahead

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fritz145, Jan 28, 2008.

1. fritz145

fritz145 Member

Hello all,

Hope everyone has a great week. Here's our latest on the Rockets beat:

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/ballz/2008/01/want_an_nba_title_head_east_yo.php

I'll be the first to admit this was not my finest work. Unfortunately, my performance seemed about as inspired as the Rockets--or the Toyota Center crowd, if you prefer. Anyway, thanks as always for reading. Feel free to offer any critiques or suggestions you may have.

I'll be back next Wednesday morning with post-game reaction from the Golden State tilt. Hopefully the Rox and I will be more on our game by then.

cheers,

JCF

2. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

Pretty solid article, but I felt sad while reading it.

3. poprocks

poprocks Member

yeah, if ya can't shoot the only thing keeping you in games is defense.

4. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

A reasonable write-up to an unreasonably blah game, by both squads (tho with an outcome more favorable to the Saltines than the Good Guys). For a game with playoff entree and/or seeding possibilities, why was it so unenthusiastically competed? For a game where McGrady could make a statement about how the Rox win with him and no Yao, where was the statement? It was a statement game; just the wrong statement, stagnantly stated.

BTW - who is LBJ? Kobe, for one. (A healthy) D-Wade for another. Last year? TMac, but James has clearly leapfrogged our 'superstar' (sic).

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Fran is that you?

Just kidding, well written and spoken.

DD

6. solid

solid Contributing Member

Utah went out and got a shooter; that is what the Rockets should have done. Maybe they thought they had when they obtained James. They have Novak, but they don't seem to know what do with him. He hits four in a row and never gets the ball back. Huh? Then they turn him into a defender. Huh? Brooks appears to be running Williams around in circles, and they pull him so Williams can abuse Rafer. Huh? This team is a mystery.

7. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Huh? Coach, maybe, huh'n'duh???

BTW - shooter? yeah...Kopono for their B/U Point need, the return (from whence his best year cameth) of mj.