1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Houston Press] Clutch City Oral History

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lnchan, Apr 21, 2015.

1. SemisolidSnake

I'll have to read the rest of this when I get home, but just watching that first video from game 7 against the Knicks was amazing. Hakeem's blocks were unbelievable. Just completely smothering, even on fadeaways. I was 10 at the time. I need, NEED, to see the games from those two playoffs runs again, somehow. I just wasn't old enough at the time to understand fully the greatness I was watching.

2. TheresTheDagger

As someone who witnessed it all and still remembers....

I have to say we as Rocket fans are so lucky. Not just because they won back to back titles (which is pretty amazing itself) but the WAY they won them.

That 2nd title will never be duplicated. It can't. You can't expect another team to win a title from the 6th seed winning close out game after close out game on the road vs. that kind of competition. It simply won't happen that way ever again. You can't expect a member of a 6th seed to simply go out and dominate the league MVP that way ever again. It simply won't happen that way ever again.

We the lucky few who watched that amazing title run knowing it was OUR TEAM have experienced something that no other fan of any other team has ever experienced and will never experience. Not in that way. Not even close.

Think about that.

In the end it really was a "Dream". A beautiful Dream...lead by a player nicknamed "The Dream".

It was our Dream....come true!

1 person likes this.
  3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Rudy always wanted to keep the same guys to give them the opportunity to defend the championship. Parting with Otis must be heartbreaking.

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

That respect