1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston NFl

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by gr8-1, Mar 1, 2000.

1. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

is this the month they are supposed to name the team ?

Has anybody heard anything about mcnairs fav's ? I heard he had turned in 4 names to league offices and had them do uniforms for each team.

------------------
    "Don't they get cable in Canada ?" Keith olbermann, after watching hakeem block terry catledge's shot 5 times.

2. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

Okay, I don't want to start another debate about the name "Texans" (which is still my favorite), but that is what I heard McNair likes the best. The last I heard is that thyey will officially name the team sometime this month.

Check out www.houstonprofootball.com. They might have more info.

------------------
    Proud Cheerleader 'til we move to New Orleans

3. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

geez, those are kinda cheesy. Dont we need a ferocious mascot ? I washoping for the Outlaws, but I think I would like the bobcats or stallions the most out of the remaining choices.

------------------
    "Don't they get cable in Canada ?" Keith olbermann, after watching hakeem block terry catledge's shot 5 times.

4. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

I'm kinda disappointed with those choices as well, but ya know, it's all about marketing.. if the NFL can come up with a cool logo, the kids will buy it up...

Apollos, Stallions and Texans would be my choices, given the others.

Do we have Bobcats in south Texas? I'm sure we have them in the Hill Country.
    Wildcatters? Do we HAVE to stick to the oil theme?

I guess I really don't care. Let's just get this show on the road so I can have an excuse to watch football on Sunday!!!

rockHEAD

5. Francis3

Francis3 Member

I dont like Texans. He should change wildcatters to wildcats.

6. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

7. Caddman

Caddman Contributing Member

I saw Bob McNair on ch26 this morning saying he had limited name choices to 5 finalists. In no particular order:

Apollos
    Texans
    Stallions
    Bobcats
    Wildcatters

My personal favorite of Generals is gone. Of those choices, I'd prefer Bobcats or Wildcatters. No Associations with failed franchises of the past.

8. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

Again, I have to say "Rattle Snakes / Rat'lers" would've been the best name.

It would've done well marketing-wise, and is feared because of its venom and nasty bite.

Endzone = Snakepit
    Hand out Rattle Snake rattlers at games for fans to shake.
    The helmet would've been cool too, with those fangs and tongue sticking out.

9. PhiSlammaJamma

I'd pick the Bobcats.