1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston media going soft on us?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket2008, May 9, 2015.

1. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

I don't know what is is, but Feigen and others have been very forgiving and I've yet to see a harsh word about the Rockets in this embarrasment of a play-offs run if I ever saw one. Explain to me, how does this team get a pass from the media and that 93-94 team get killed by Houston media? That team had Dream, OT, Elie, Cassell, Max for crying out loud, there was no quiting or softness about that team and they ripped them apart. Then you have this soft team who openly quit twice now, have yet to work hard and they get a pass????

This is one of the few times I think the Rockets deserve to be utterly embarrassed and totally ripped apart: from Morey to McHale to Dwight to Harden to Terry to Smith. There's no excuse for what this team is showing us and if this does not get a coach fired, a serious talk with Dwight & Harden about their effort and commitment to winning, a talk to Terry & Brewer about leadership, a call to McHale about why he's not adjusting and letting the team play on as if he's clueless (which he is, but Morey probably gives him the benefit of the doubt)

2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

only 1 newspaper in town…..and it's in les' pocket.

3. Anonymous8

Anonymous8 Member

Imagine the vitriol the Clippers would have heard by the LA media if it was them losing in this series.

4. a711

a711 Member

The Clippers are the better team.

I'm just glad to actually lose to a better team and not have the season end in such a disappointing and wtf fashion like 2007, 2008, 2014

5. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

This is much worse, those teams competed, this team didn't.

6. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

What media? Chron is a joke.

790 guys are soft. 610 thinks Watt is on the Team.

7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Because they don't care. A lack of success for nearly 2 decades breeds indifference. It's why you see so many empty seats at Toyota Center at the beginning of games. We've had Harden for 3 years and Dwight for 2 and we're on the verge of having a single playoff series win to show for it.

8. RESINator

RESINator Member

I wish even clutch would take a stand and make some noise about this teams heart and coach instead of making concessions to Le$. Upset fans that threaten revenue is the only way we can see real change.

9. hcw128

hcw128 Member

10. bmd

bmd Member

One thing that is frustrating to watch about this team is that they lack the fundamentals. They don't set good screens, they don't make crisp passes... they make lazy and sloppy passes. The bigs often miss shots from 3 feet away. I mean, you're 6'8" and are an NBA player... how do you miss a little hook from 3 feet away? And then there are the free throws. The free throw shooting on this team is pathetic.