1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Houston is gifting Dallas a contender

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by #CTCJET, May 18, 2016.

1. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

Kid, you're out of your element.

2. Vnilla_Gorilla

Howard is bailing regardless, say my sources. Hey look im cyberX now.

3. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

Shhhhh. It is an entertaining exchange!! I just finished getting my popcorn ready...

4. ThisIsOurCity

ThisIsOurCity Member

I hope Dwight goes to Dallas. That would be hilarious. Parsons has been injured about as many games as he has played. OP a Dallas troll?

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

[rquoter]Jason Terry on Dwight Howard: "He still can be a dominant force, primarily on the defensive end. He's such a presence back there, patrolling the paint. Offensively, when he sets screens and rolls hard to the basket and runs the floor, he's one of the best we have. There's three dominant centers that I'll say, and that's DeMarcus Cousins, DeAndre Jordan and Dwight Howard. Not to mention Marc Gasol, but he's a different kind of center because [he plays with] his back to the basket and can pass. But those three are athletic and run the floor. Dwight fits that perfectly."

Terry, who talked to reporters at batting practice for Dirk Nowitzki's charity baseball game, was asked how Howard might fit with the Mavericks. "If he comes to Dallas, we'll be talking about Dallas in the likes of winning a championship."[/rquoter]

[rquoter]...But when it comes to doing what Terry does best, he's not ready to give up the NBA just yet.

Terry will be 39 when next season begins, but he's planning on sticking around for at least one more season. He becomes a free agent on July 1.

"Not retiring at all," he said. "Just looking for another opportunity to get back on a contender. But if that opportunity doesn't present itself, still being able to go in and have an impact in the locker room on the younger players and provide quality minutes off the bench. My body feels great. My mind is still sharp."

He said he'd be open to the idea of returning to Dallas to finish his career. But he's looking for the best situation not only in terms of being on a legitimate contender, but also in looking toward the future.

"In preparing for my post-playing career, I want to be able to shadow the coach and shadow the GM," Terry said. "That's important to me."

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dal...terry-looking-new-team-mavericks-conversation[/rquoter]

6. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Terry is basically saying what most observers and coaches have been saying about Howard since he left Orlando. He isn't a back to the basket center. If he just let that dream go, his teams would be so much more successful. He should get post touches, but just not at the center-point of an offense.

7. MONON

MONON Member

I hated Terry when he was a Mav & really like what he does for us. But dag nabbit, he deserves to finish his Dallas!

8. shakes05

shakes05 Rookie

I visited Dallas last weekend...majority of the fans HATE Chandler Parsons and wants him out...in addition, they hate Dwight Howard too...no one wants Dwight except for you

9. majicdonjuan

majicdonjuan Member

10. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

What makes you think Dwight will be willing to do that? The issue with Dwight is he quite literally refuses to do what he's good at, while insisting on doing what he's not.

11. lionaire

lionaire Member

I like the way you think ;)

12. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Dallas after Howard signing will look better on paper than our roster.

13. R=$

R=$ Member

Howard!= Poster child of a retread!

14. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I actually agree with OP. not about us gifting them.
    But Dwight will absolutely make Dallas a great team. Dirk will flourish with Dwight. As will Wesley Matthews thanks to Carlisle's coaching. If you guys don't think it's a good fit then you don't know the game.
    Not saying it will for sure happen, but I think Cuban in the end will fork out the money to contend another year or two.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Howard is a cancer, he will sink the Mavs just like he has done everywhere else.

He thinks he knows better, and is too stupid to accept good coaching.

DD

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

They will be contenders like Toronto and Atlanta. . . .. .

Contenders but not really

Rocket River

17. sabesque

sabesque Member

Zaza pechulia played better for them than Dwight for us last season

18. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I hope Dallas gave him the super max and gives parsons more money

Parsons and Howard will set that franchise back 5+ years

19. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

You, like many people seem to be under the impression that the coach not knowing how utilise Dwight is the issue. Every nba coach knows how to utilise Dwight, high schools coaches, people on this and other fan forums.

The only thing that would really prevent someone from knowing how to utilise Dwight is being in a coma, that and being Dwight Howard which is where the problem begins and ends.

20. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Hahahaha this is Howard posting isn't it