1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Houston Chronicle] Things Are Looking Up For the Lin Crowd

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CarolNYC, Mar 25, 2013.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Your LOF is showing.

2. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

"Lin Crowd" code word for LOF?

3. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

What the hell happened to just being a Rockets fan?? This sucks.

4. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

Waaaay ahead of you noobs. I created this account 10 years ago to get a front row seat to hating on Jeremy Lin.

This is obvious because I once thought he might not be as good as Tony Parker and perhaps the Lakers wouldn't want him. These are blatant thoughtcrimes against the chosen one.

1 person likes this.
  5. L7N

L7N Member

I actually agree. There are dedicated accounts dedicated to teabaggin' Lin when he's down and out (temporarily). The OP is right there.

Actually, even crazier, I'm suspecting that there are actual dedicated LOF accounts created just to screw with the rest of the population. Some of the accounts are subtle troll LOF accounts...subtly creating a LOF base (that is deliberately create to annoy the rest of the forum). Everybody I talk to is a big Lin fan, but none of them spew some of the ish that i see here. Stuff you see here is so deliberately annoying. I read it because it's entertaining (esp if it's coming from a troll)....but that's besides the point.

1 person likes this.
  6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Subtle LOF account. LOL

7. L7N

L7N Member

I even saw someone calling another person "a traitor" in one of these threads. Who says that? Yes, a troll that is disguised as a LOF (or a kid who hasn't hit puberty yet). Either way, should not be rep'd.

8. MonKing

MonKing Member

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

9. redearth

redearth Contributing Member

Best laugh of the day :grin::grin:

10. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

started low, plummeted rapidly ...

1 person likes this.
  11. hubeijames

hubeijames Member

Jeremy Lin and I were playing Halo. I killed him. While he was down and out, I went over and repeatedly squat my character over his to make it look like I was teabagging him.

Better make sure you're not an idiot before trying to imply others are.

12. hocash

hocash Contributing Member

There's no doubt he needed more rest earlier in the season. If McHale wanted to bench him EVERY fourth quarter that would be fine if his knees needed it. The problem was it seemed Lin was just on a short leash. There was no rhyme or reason for how McHale chose to bench him during crunch time.

13. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

Why does others praising Beverly have to be twisted to mean a diss on Lin? It always turns into "I like Beverly a lot, but....". I am a HUGE Lin fan myself but give respect where respect is due, not ifs and buts. Honestly, if Beverly keeps playing the way he is and Lin drops off his high level, Beverly should start for the team. Lin coming off the bench is not that bad, Ginobli comes off the bench! Harden did too.

14. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

you apparently don't read the GARM.

15. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

They joined to troll the hyper-sensitive LOFs.

16. MonKing

MonKing Member

Not trying to imply anyone is an idiot, though I am trying to imply the word he is looking for is "sandbag".

17. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

You mean no rhyme or reason other than him playing poorly on that night? Seems to me that that is the common denominator.

18. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I'm pretty sure he meant tea baggin.

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/35467254" width="500" height="900" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe> <p><a href="http://vimeo.com/35467254">Alabama Teabagger</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user10112335">Alabama Teabag</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

19. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Yeah, just seems to me that McHale rides momentum and that's it. If the team is gaining ground, McHale will ride whoever's on the floor for quite a while. Asik is used the same as Lin. If it's working without him, Asik/Lin might not get 30 minutes. All the PF's get this treatment. McHale just rides momentum. It seems reasonable to me. You can have the last five guys on the bench playing, and I would keep playing them as long as they're winning.

20. hltiki

hltiki Member

Though I agree with riding the momentum, but sometimes you just have to let players play through bad stretches. Not that Lin and Asik are superstars like Harden who can get going and become unstoppable, but they are good and have all star potential, thus you gotta give the 2 more time and more opportunities to play through bad stretches. This way consistency and experience can develop better imo.

It's the same with Parsons, the guy is often times, not all the time, allowed to play through bad stretches or bad shooting nights.

But when Bev is playing like he did, then keep him in. There just has to be some way to allow starters not named Harden to have consistency in their minutes.