1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Houston Chronicle) Rockets owner wants to win at all costs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Jun 19, 2019.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol, why are we so sensitive to this? Trump also visits sport events, venues.....it was a decent joke.

tc0330 likes this.
  2. tc0330

tc0330 Member

dungeons and dragons?

3. Nook

Nook Member

Going against a Warriors team without Durant; Klay Thompson missing 25% of the time, DeMarcus Cousins and Kevon Looney.

The Raptors got lucky.

luckyman76, lilbird20 and Vivi like this.
  4. Homey the Clown

That was obvious after they signed CP3 to that horrible contract last summer.

5. treyk3

treyk3 Member

6. ball king23

ball king23 Member

we are asking a lot of the owner to make a move in the offseason we are asking him to bring in a big FA Acquisition and get draft pick to get younger and get a ring a little to much to ask

7. SemisolidSnake

Saw this sitting on the coffee table as I left the house this morning. Didn't have time to read it, but I think I could physically feel the collective anger of Clutchfans in that moment.

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Do you really think they are just talking? You think Daryl Morey is just being lazy, not doing everything he can to get Houston a championship? No matter what, it takes some luck. Stop being a spoiled, NBA 2k armchair GM. Worst kind of fan.

Wahhhhhhhh you haven’t gotten us a 3rd superstarrrrrr wahhhhhhhh stop talking and get me the golden goose dadday!!!!

9. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

10. dmoneybangbang

Tilman has new owner-itis. This ain’t UH but the “bigly”.

Learning when to be in the public and when to shut up is hard. I’m not joking, it really seems to be hard for people of power like Tilman. Hopefully this offseason will teach him that less is more sometimes when talking or being in the public. Holding a press conference and discussing MDA’s contract details was amateurish.

11. AdamSweeney

AdamSweeney Member

Tilman Fertitta strikes me as the NBA equivalent of Jerry Jones, which is to say he is a narcissistic owner who has a misperception that fans and the Rockets organization actually care what he has to say. This quote from him after Game 6 told me a lot about what he wants from this role.

"I'm a fighter. That's my culture," Fertitta said. "The longer I own this team, they're gonna pick up more of my culture. We had 'em. We should have stepped on their throats the other night and cut their throats. It's step on their throats, and let's take it back to Houston and end it in six."

"My culture." Give me a break. Cut the checks, allow Daryl Morey to have autonomy and ability to succeed, and shut up and stay out of the way. I seriously doubt any player is going to change their attitude because the owner of Landry's gives him pointers, or, as he calls them, Tilmanisms.

12. mario_v

mario_v Member

Morey is probably the most aggressive gm, who’s always trying to get stars. How many gms can say they’ve acquired stars like harden, Howard, Cp3 within five years?

We have a bunch of spoiled and entitled fans, it’s embarrassing.

RudyTBag likes this.
  13. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

People are gonna be mad next year when they pay LT too lol

Some folks done broke a keyboard or two over the salary cap. Y’all gonna eat the whole crow when it’s happens or nah?

14. tc0330

tc0330 Member

everybody is sassy AF right now. lets smoke a bowl

krnballa23 and RudyTBag like this.
  15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I’ve got three choices.
    A. Stay away from Clutchfans for a few months.
    B. Do my part and beat back the Tard brigade.
    C. Smoke a bowl...

BHannes2BHonest and tc0330 like this.
  16. Bonziii Wells

Bonziii Wells New Member

Friends with Patrick Fertitta and after some drinks he told me that CP did in fact want to be traded to the Lakers after the season ended, however, that stance has changed recently when Jimmy has committed to coming to Houston. Idea is to commence trade after the draft and have Gordon shipped out. Capela is now viewed as a necessary piece to help defend AD, and he won't suffer against the Warriors in the playoffs next season.

Just wanted to pass this along. Have a great day.

rhee likes this.
  17. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

He says that but we can't afford it.

I feel bad for Harden. He's literally never had another all-star who's been fit or in their prime. Whereas Curry has basically had a team full of all-stars for the past 4 years.

18. BallaDoc

BallaDoc Member

Interesting. Idk if I agree with Capela being necessary to guard AD when he has not been effective in the past. If anything I’d trade Capela into a team with cap space for assets that are redirected to philly.

If philly wants to retain cap space and just wants assets that would be better plus would allow us to replace Capela with MLE.

Ultimately I think egods playmaking and shooting is more unique and valuable than Capela rebounding and defense

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

20. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

I don’t doubt Morey is busting his ass. He’s always been. But what has Tilman done that makes you think he’s willing to win “AT ALL COSTS”? So far he’s only been avoiding the luxury tax AT ALL COSTS. Pull your head out of the sand and maybe you’ll see better