1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

House Stats since he was recalled!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Mar 26, 2019.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

12.9 PPG
    52% FG%
    49% 3ptFG%
    4.5 Rpg

http://www.espn.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/2991155/danuel-house-jr

We need this guy in the starting lineup ASAP.

Ironically, he is our best 3pt shooter - and most reliable.

Let's put EGo back in the 6th man role to feast off bench players with CP3 and let House play with Harden as a starter.

He is also 6'7" and 220 pounds, perfect size for a starting SF, and bigger than our starter PF......we really could use a PF that is taller and can hit 3s, but that is another topic.

DD

#1 DaDakota, Mar 26, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
  2. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

The team was starting to take off when House was starting at the 3.

ak99999, bmelo, Bo6 and 3 others like this.
  3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

No! KEEP SECRET WEAPON FOR PLAYOFF!!!

BigShasta likes this.
  4. Mr. Space City

Not gonna happen.

Danphony already said EG starting is his preferred lineup despite all the evidence that house is the best SF on the roster.

5. RoyalGuard

RoyalGuard Member

All what the op posted is true. But as I said in another thread. 100% on D'antoni. Goes away from whats working...

6. BigBum

BigBum Member

My boss is house fan. He said teams would offer him 2year $24 million in July.

BigShasta likes this.
  7. RetroRockets

RetroRockets Member

Any other coach would do that, but mike loves small ball

8. Moleb

Moleb Member

I'd personally would like to see him get more shot attempts in the near future.

dmoneybangbang and Nook like this.
  9. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Yes!

E Go is beyond injury prone and streaky AF.

10. BigBum

BigBum Member

Starter + more shot attempts
    You pay luxury tax next year.

11. Mr. Space City

He’s gone next year anyways.

Might as well milk all the milk out the cow.

roslolian, dragonwill, jcmoon and 2 others like this.
  12. Zergling

Zergling Member

Yeah I'm done with starting Gordon. The whole "keep him in the starting lineup because he's on fire!" theme is dead. What a surprise! He stayed hot for a month and cooled off again.

The Rockets are better defensively and with rebounding with House in the starting lineup. Let Gordon feast off the other team's bench. That's what we did last year and won 65 games. It ain't that hard.

I'd also be up for starting with Faried and Tucker at the 4/3

13. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Small sample size... DD curse is upon him... pray.

seeingred likes this.
  14. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I think that would be a good tweak, but don't expect miracles. They're both going to play major minutes anyway, it's just for balance and the hope is it gives us slightly better balance. The bench needs a bonafide scorer.

Gordon is really a better scorer and doesn't need to be on the floor with both Harden and Paul. Off the bench with Paul and Faried, he will handle the ball more and attack the basket more. He attacks the basket 25-30% less this season, which is stupid. He's barely making an effort to get to the line. Maybe handling the ball more will bring that back.

House would benefit from being on the floor with Harden/Paul/Capela. Won't have to handle the ball at all, plenty of attention on other guys leaving him wide open, frees him to focus on getting open looks and playing good defense.

I posted in a thread a week or so ago that the House with starters line up is overwhelmingly excellent on the floor. Sample size is small, but that's because we didn't ever have the opportunity to play those 5 together much due to injuries and House's contract situation. They should experiment with it.

15. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Do you think he's been hurt a lot this year, even in the games he's playing in, and that's why he's not driving like he used to? Hurt guys, in my limited viewing experience, seem to want to settle for jumpers (which they brick, because their mechanics are off) a lot more than going to the basket and eating contact. See, T-Mac's last few years here.

Then again, when hasn't Gordon been hurt? It's kind of a constant for his career. Maybe solid rest will fix him up?

16. fattz

fattz Member

Random thought:

House will be negotiating a contract this summer and starters get paid more... this has a lot to do with our line.

justinh likes this.
  17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Of course it’s about the money.

justinh and J Sizzle like this.
  18. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Realistically, whether he starts or not, aren't the Rockets mostly going to be prohibited from resigning him? Given they don't have his Bird rights, they're hilariously over the cap, and they'd probably also like to resign Rivers and/or Faried? While I don't see the kind of contract being offered him that @BigBum mentioned upthread---House is great shooting when wide open, but has he ever shown that he can get his own shot? I do think his next contract offer will comfortably exceed in the first year, the money in the entire contract that Morey offered him.

So if you can't sign him either way, why not use him to maximize your chances of winning this year?

19. macan

macan Member

sadly MDA is too stubborn to make a change.

20. topfive

topfive CF OG

My mom's cousin's uncle is house fly. He said teams would offer him 2year $10 million in July.