1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Hou Chron] Rockets see in Zhou Qi a raw talent with a high ceiling

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by daywalker02, Jul 8, 2017.

1. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I dont know how many boards he grabbed, but I remember thinking he looked good around the rim. Didn't see him get bodied.

I can't quite put my finger on it, but he is so quick to the ball. He gets his hands on it around the rim before other players have a chance to do anything. I wanna say he's a quick jumper. Mixed with his height and length those guys had 0 chance of keeping him off the boards when a rebound was in his vicinity.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Did Feigen hear him wrong on this quote:

"It's a challenge, but also a pressure, a little bit. (I'm) ready for the challenge and to go up one more step here."

He might have said "It's a challenge, but also a pleasure." Gotta stay alert, guys. ;)

Also, are the ceilings in Vegas high enough. I'm asking because of the other part of the quote where he intends "to go up one more step here." Watch your head, joe.

#22 heypartner, Jul 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
  3. dram1

dram1 Member

Joe Chi! Looking smoove!

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

a few instances he secured the rebound on the baseline and had the court awareness and nimbleness to pass it out to a teammate or bounce it off the opponent before falling out of bounds. i can understand now why they signed him to that extended contract using part of the MLE

5. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Even with the expected caveats, he is better than I expected. Tall dudes that are agile are goiing to get paid.