1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Hot Deal] Dish Network Cinemax $0.01 for a year

Discussion in 'Hot Deals and Classifieds' started by wnes, Jan 4, 2008.

1. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/messageview.php?catid=18&threadid=793259&start=0

2. JaWindex

JaWindex Contributing Member

My thread was ignored - I hope this one can do better.

3. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Sorry man, I wasn't around at the time you posted your thread which I just saw. :eek:

4. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

You know why this thread gets ignored, cause yall got Dish Network maaan...that's like the NFL Network of cable/satellite television.

5. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

It's got PPV p*rn...so where's the problem?

6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I posted in that Fatwallet thread. I'll summarize here:

After 3 attempts, I gave up. Apparently I have too many strikes against me: I've had Dish for less than 3 months, I'm currently subscribing to Cinemax, I am paperless and autopay.

It's an awesome deal if you haven't had Cinemax for six months and you get regular paper billing still.

7. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

You pay for p*rn?

8. codell

codell Contributing Member

Just to verify, this is legit. Just switched to autopay and got 5 Cinemax channels for .01 for the next year.

Sweet.

9. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I FINALLY got in on this deal. I just started with Dish three months ago, and already had paperless, autpay AND Cinemax. Here's how I did it:

My free Cinemax was almost up anyway, so I got on the online Billing chat and canceled Cinemax, autopay and paperless. The person I talked to online was Grace (missed her last initial).

-I then got back online about an hour later and tried to get the deal. No dice with Mark B.

-20 minutes later, I got back online and talked to Vidal E. Before he could say anything, I typed exactly this: [Q=Vidal E]Hello! I'd like to sign up for the Cinemax Promo for 1 Cent for signing up for [/Q]
    Vidal E tells me that I qualify but that I need to call in to set up autopay. Here's the exact verbage: [Q=Vidal E]I currently show that you qualify for our Cinemax penny offer. Please contact our Customer Service Department at 1-800-333-3474 for 24 hour 7 day a week assistance with your request. The reason why you will need to contact our customer service department is because you currently are not set up for Auto Pay. You will not be able to set up Auto Pay over our Chat due to this site not being secure to exchange credit card information. Please contact 1-800-333-3474 for assistance. [/Q]

-So I call in and get Lisa. I tell her pretty much the same thing and that the online chat person already told me that I qualified. She signs me up, no fuss no muss.

Here's my log of CSRs:

Online:
    scott q (no)
    joseph m (no)
    grace (canceled with her)
    mark b (no)
    Vidal e (told me that I qualify but to call)

Phone:
    Lisa

Hope this helps, and good luck to all- sometimes you just have to keep at the CSR game until you get a good catch.