1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Horror Cinema] David Fincher's 'World War Z 2'

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by percicles, Apr 26, 2017.

1. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

A real deal horror film from Fincher. Alien 3 doesn't count because reasons. This is the sequel we deserve.

2. Buck Turgidson

Yes please.

And also...a 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea remake by Fincher starring Pitt? Make that happen too.

3. rhino17

rhino17 Member

World War Z was one of the worst/dumbest "horror" movies I've ever seen. Totally unwatchable.

donkeypunch likes this.
  4. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

So Tyler Durden leads a group of Space Monkey zombies into destroying the world? take my money.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Disappointed that he chose this as his next project. Love Fincher, but...meh...

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

The book was pretty good.

7. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Pass.... With the quickness

8. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I know I saw World War Z...but I'll be damned if I can remember a single detail about it. Pretty unremarkable film, I guess. Fincher doesn't make unremarkable films, so I'm sure I'll catch this.

9. 713

713 Member

Zombies in a David Fincher film. You guys not entertained?

Deckard likes this.
  10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I loved the book, and enjoyed the movie (liked Pitt, Enos, the Israeli soldier). Liked the scenes in Israel especially and other than a few weak parts (Enos calling Pitt at the worst time, the scientist with the snapping teeth in the lab) I thought the movie was a great roller coaster ride. Will watch 2 (and the third film... it was set up as a trilogy).

11. Buck Turgidson

Fair point, but at one point in time he chose Benjamin Button as his next project so.... I'm not a big zombie fan and the first movie was not that good, but if anybody can pull it off (I did really like 28 Days Later...Danny Boyle) I'd bet on Fincher. I'm curious to see what he does with this type of movie.

The book was very entertaining.

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

True. Don't get me wrong...I will watch any and every single thing that David Fincher directs, regardless of what it is haha.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

It was a long-term contract Pitt couldn't find a way out of I assume?

14. Buck Turgidson

His production company owns the rights. So...no.

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Oh, so he doesn't care if it's good or not, he just wants the MONEY? Banking on those of y'all with poor taste to buy tickets I guess. Mwuahahahhaa.

16. Buck Turgidson

You do know who David Fincher is, right?

If he does it, I'll watch when it comes out on streaming. If someone else does it I'll watch when it comes out on streaming...someday.

17. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

The biggest problem with "World War Z" was the PG-13 rating.

Well.....plus the last third of the movie, in which they're in some laboratory in Wales. Just dragged down the movie. And people actually laughed out loud when the zombies made (another big minus) that "clicking" sound. Was it supposed to be scary? My wife laughed LOUD. It was almost embarrassing.

And a little cliché: "I'm not leaving my family." To make women want to watch the movie, too.

But a lot of the action sequences were cool. If you keep away from the clichés and make it R-rated, David Fincher might do some good with it. But these things are like NBA trades. 1 deal will get done in 100 discussions.

18. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Since when was World War Z considered a horror movie??

Also, the entire movie was gigantic cluster-**** from the start. Pitt and the original director didn't get along apparently, and they scrapped the original ending which would have made it a lot darker. What we got instead was a PG-13 fluff piece that followed every cliche in Hollywood. Hopefully Fincher gives the second movie better direction, and they allow the story to go down a darker, more macabre path.

19. Buck Turgidson

Too late now, but the book would have been perfect for a 10-12 part HBO miniseries.

Rashmon, DonkeyMagic and MadMax like this.
  20. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I don't think it's too late for that. Someone could still do that...but probably not till after they finish out WWZ 2.

Deckard likes this.