1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Horrific call...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ZRB, Nov 15, 2001.

Tags:
  1. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

When the ball went out of bounds after Mobley's revolting heave, there was 28 seconds on the clock. The timekeeper didn't stop the clock until there was 26 seconds on the clock. Instead of being able to play defense and have time left, the Rockets were forced to foul. Did anyone else notice this?

2. treeman

treeman Member

The game's blacked out in my area and I'm watching an ESPN gameplay board. Even I noticed it.

3. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

YEP. I couldn't believe that. Seems like no one in the chat noticed, though...

4. Band Geek Mobster

Why don't you come to the chatroom treeman?

There's 42 of us in there right now...

5. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

But does it matter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D!!!!!!!!!!

6. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Yeah, I saw the clock kept running, but our bonehead plays are what lost this game. Face it, this team just isn't on the same page and definitely aren't mature.

Hopefully we'll come around before it's too late.

7. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

The calls were horrible in this game ... but I think most of them were made against the Lakers.

I saw several calls that were rather questionable while we got a way with a lot.

8. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

SG,

While I would have to agree that the officiating near the end of the game, and 4th quarter was equally bad for both teams, I would also have to point out how much the refs helped the Lakers maintain a lead up until that point. The first half was an incredible joke to officials everywhere. Also, Shaq had ZERO fouls after regulation..... a joke I tell ya'.

9. Jaime

Jaime New Member

I hate the Lakers more than anyone and I give your team props for taking them to OT and having a chance to win. But I gotta agree that the calls majorly went against LA in this one in crunch time. And it kills me to say that. You have no idea

GO CLIPS!

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Yeah, the Rockets got some calls tonight...or lack there of. One in particular was when Stevie was caught in the corner, did two spins to get out of it, obviously lifting his pivot foot, and no call.

11. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Calls went against the Lakers in crunch time? What game were you watching? I saw Shaq going over Willis' back and elbowing him in the post repeatedly in the closing minutes of regulation and OT.

It wasn't a horribly officiated game, but there's no way the Rockets got more breaks than the Lakers. Pretty even, or maybe slightly in LA's favor.

12. Hydra

Hydra Member

Cat,

I guess nobody told you that the rules don't apply to Shaq. He is allowed to hit whomever he wants, camp out in the lane, etc. Just like Jordan was allowed to take fifteen steps without dribbling. Taking that into consideration, the ROX probably did get a couple more breaks. ;)

13. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

The boys will come around in due time. Right now their just molding up and ready to hatch with vengeance. Their gonna be kicking some ass!!:) :p

14. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

If anyone was at the game and heard two guys going literally beserk over the refs it was me and this dude behind me. I mean I have never yelled so much in my life. This guy behind me was just as good. Almost everyone around us was getting annoyed. This one lady in front of me suggested I calm down jokingly, but I didnt damnit! I am starting to believe in this team, despite our last two losses. This team can only get better. Our offense will roll around sooner or later. Hopefully sooner.

GO ROCKETS!