1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Honey Badger to Sign with Texans!

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by clutch citizen, Mar 16, 2018.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Mathieu needs to recruit his boy Patrick Peterson here next year and the Texans might be SB favorites.

2. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I thinks he's still under contract for another year or two. We should worry about securing tyrann for multiple years first.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  3. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Also there may be a chance to draft a good DT or DB. There will be good choices still around when we pick.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Unless something happens regarding the OL prior to the draft, I assume they will target an offensive lineman before a defensive player.

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

IDK, if a player like Christian Wilkins or Deandre Baker are still on the board when they pick, it would be hard to pass them up. Besides this will be a packed offensive line draft. I have very good players who I believe are going late. The second and third rounds will be great spots to pick up a few.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  7. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Is DT really a need? Texans seem to do a good job developing later round picks on the dline. Dunn, Covington, Reader and Blackson do a really good job taking on blockers, getting push and freeing up Clowney/ Watt.

8. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Our oline plays better and better each week. They are also young. I wouldn't mess with it too much. I would want a DB. JJo getting very slow, Kareem is a free agent next year, and Kevin Johnson is always injured.

#308 tallanvor, Nov 30, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  9. donkeypunch

And all of them were 5th round or later.

coachbadlee, Rudyc281 and red5rocket like this.
  10. bobrek

The offensive line is the key to protecting their most valuable commodity. Anything they can do to get better is needed. Davenport, while young, has been arguably one of the worst starting tackles in the league.

11. Nimo

Nimo Member

According to PatDStats and other media, the offensive line has been improving and just needs time to "grow together"

12. bobrek

The bar was really low to start with....Hard not to improve.

13. Nimo

Nimo Member

And if Watson is the prize of the franchise, you keep trying to protect him better. That means you keep trying to improve. That means coaching (don't get me started on this), free agency, and draft.

raining threes likes this.
  14. bobrek

Harken back to the Munchak, Matthews, Steinkuhler draft days....

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Still wouldn't hurt to add more punch to them. I want to have Watson upright 98% of the time. I want him to feel like he was at Clemson again

conquistador#11 likes this.
  16. conquistador#11

I didn't realize Bruce Matthews made probowls at age 36, 37, 39 and 40. I stopped following them once they left, jaded 15 yr old.

17. donkeypunch

I got his autograph when I was like 6 years old when he came and visited our daycare. It was cool until I realized I was 6 and had no clue what the hell a lineman was and who the hell he was(just a massive human being). I wish I was older at the time and knew stuff about football back then. Pretty awesome autograph it would've been to have now.

18. Buck Turgidson

Nimo likes this.
  19. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

No way you keep this line where it is when you have four picks in the first three rounds. These guys may be gelling a bit, but they'll be lucky if at least two of them are not replaced next year.

20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

They’ve been pushing back against the offensive line narratives for two years.

It has certainly gotten better than the start of the season thats undeniable. However, could still use an upgrade at tackle and one guard