1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Homeland

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Commodore, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

the writers keep insisting Islamic terror is motivated by anything other than killing unbelievers

giving them long soliloquies to make their case

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I guess no one is satisfied with this show when it comes to agreeing with their political rhetoric. I have Muslim relatives on my news feed who bring up articles about how Homeland is bigoted towards Muslims.

I really don't care. I'm really enjoying the show and they better not F'n kill Quinn!

3. Commodore

Oh I enjoy the show, just amused by the PC in the writing.

4. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Man....haven't looked forward to next Sunday like this since GOT ended! Definitely one of the best seasons.

That LOTR CIA agent is one cold ass b****

5. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

No kidding, her and that reporter chick (just don't like her) need to die.....badly....

6. dragician

dragician Member

season is about to end, won't be surprised if that KGB spy b**** escapes and becomes the kgb carrie mathison next season.

also dar jihadist adal should be fired for making a series of bad calls.

the last 2 episodes were just brilliant.. didnd't see it coming.

7. R0ckets03

Oh man...I can't stand that reporter chick! She is hott as hell...but so self righteous.

8. Commodore

reporter chick is a vessel for the writers to soapbox

9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

To me they are painting the reporter chick as a bit too self-righteous. I'm going to predict she's going to regret her decisions when **** hits the fan.

10. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Let's just stand around and watch while suspicious brown men padlock the gates at a busy subway station when there is a real known terrorist attack threat with a deadline fast approaching!

11. Sajan

Sajan Member

that was funny..

no security guard in sight. i can't even walk with a carry-on through a busy train station..but the little dude was easily able to close the two doors and padlock it.

how about they at least wear some sort of maintenance or police officer uniform?

12. R0ckets03

I thought about that too, but I don't think its that far fetched. Sorta like the by stander effect...people just might be like wtf is going on and not do anything about it.

Why didn't Carrie yell for everyone to start running out of the train station before she proceeds into the tunnel?

13. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

So, the Otto character got the professor to confess the real plot place (before she...) and then she lied about the location of the terror attack to her counterparts in her cover-up story because the Russians told her to or she would go to prison getting no money? Then, she knew she couldn't talk to Sal directly because he would tell she was lying and she fled...for Russia?

Did I get that right?

14. yo

yo Contributing Member

I'm so confused about that. Like, she didn't even need to meet the professor, let alone shoot people and herself to lie about a location.

15. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You are such a fascinating case study of the wingnut mind. The writers make it incredibly clear that the muslim terrorists carrying out the attack are motivated by their religious beliefs and you fixate on the fact that the story includes accomplices with other, extremely plausible, motivations.

And you think the women reporter serves as some kind vessel for the writer's real message? Newsflash. She's not portrayed as a particularly sympathetic character. Quinn is the character given the hero's treatment this season, and if you might remember, his main function in this show is killing muslim terrorists, even when it means taking out women and innocent children.

What a strange distorted world you must live in.

16. R0ckets03

Preach on brother.

I'm Muslim and my favorite character by far is Quinn and I can't stand the woman reporter. So if the show writers have an agenda, they are not very good at it.

17. dragician

dragician Member

people were so dumb, if i see a person locking up my exit, i'd start shooting. reminds me of the movie titanic when they lock up economy passengers to die because they ddidn't have enough life boat.

18. R0ckets03

Not saying I disagree with you. But hindsight is 20/20. The economy passengers on the Titanic knew the ship was sinking and they were fighting for their lives.

The citizens of Berlin aren't fully aware or alert as to what is about to go down in that train station. If it takes just a few seconds for the terrorists to accomplish the lock down then there is a chance they might get away with it.

19. Roxoff

Roxoff Member

One of the things I like most about the show is how current they keep everything. Like a couple of weeks ago they mentioned Paris in reference to the terrorist attack. I also love the new into they have this season.

And for those arguing about if the creators have an agenda to be sympathetic or are mischaracterizing the terrorists - just think about the greater picture the show is trying to depict.

"All that suffering and still nothing changes" - Carrie

20. Sajan

Sajan Member

But did she know the location before? I thought she got it out of him and then killed him.