1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Home Staging for Sell

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Big MAK, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Has anyone used a home staging service when selling their home? I have a house in the heights that will be vacant and was curious how it's worked for others - speed of sell, realizing the asking price, cost, etc.

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

In this market I don’t think you need to, or at least, the juice won’t be worth the squeeze. You’re going to be able to sell it empty. Your money is better spent in fresh paint, new fixtures and possibly new countertops.

That said, a good photographer with knowledge of taking great pictures of homes is key. People can imagine what their crap will look like in an empty house, but if the pictures are low lit, don’t highlight good selling points and miss items can be very costly.

Another great trick is to offer a buyer’s agent bonus. It can be $500 but it isn’t disclosed to the buyer. But it will get people in the door because it makes bringing clients to your place worth the time.

#2 Xerobull, Dec 17, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
    CCity Zero, Big MAK and Os Trigonum like this.
  3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I thought using a photographer to get good photos was worth it. From my shopping experience, you spend a lot of time flipping through pictures and there's some sellers not even trying -- still have all their junk laying around, plates, dirty laundry. As a buyer, I assume that a seller who didn't care to engage on the front end to make a good presentation will likewise not have their crap together to handle a negotiation. I'd also be more leery in my guess at how well the guts of the house have been maintained during their custodianship. Consciously or unconsciously (but probably more consciously), I'd be more aggressive with such a seller.

I can see staging being worth it, but I don't know the cost.