1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Hollinger] Chris Paul continues taking shots at Rafer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Honey Bear, Mar 20, 2008.

1. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

oh so we lose a couple of games and the hating already begins ? you are trying to be funny/cute but its making you look dumb

2. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

im happy everytime rafer talks S*** to these biyatches, reminds me of sura, someone with some backbone, im really starting to not like the hornets though, not on the level of hate i have for the mavs or jazz but i really hope we play them the first round.

If i was a player i woulda straight up told the media F*** chris paul F*** the Hornets BYYAAHHHHH!!!!

3. spysta

spysta Member

I was waiting for somebody to speak the truth about david west

COME ON PEOPLE TO MAKE ACCURATE STATEMENTS ABOUT PLAYERS PLEASE BECOME FAMILIAR WITH THEM.

David West has a bunch of talent its been apparent since the beginning of the season when everyone was like who is this guy?

Rafer called out another teams player, and chris paul an MVP canidate took up for his teammate.

I respect rafers right to say what he wants to, even though in this case he couldnt back it up, and i definately respect PAUL for making him pay for it.

4. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

He is not talking to him, his problem is with Tyson. CP3 just want media attention to show he is good and he is the leader of NOLA, just for his MVP campaign. If Cp3 want to talk trash to the media do it to Lebron, Kobe, even T-Mac if he wants to show how good he is and how he been carry his team. Unless he feels he is at Rafer's level.

5. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

Again David West is an start for his team, not a superstar, he is not a franchise player and will not be. CP3 goes out Devid West will be lucky is he can win 1 out 4 games in the west.

6. guangzu

guangzu Member

Chris Paul plays some good basketball and he's a freaking pathetic b****!

7. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

top 2 mid range shooter in the game? u might've forgot to add the sarcasm tag onto you should fix that. hamilton, kobe, allen, peja his own teammate is a better shooter. maybe you meant top 2 mid range shooting pf's in the game then you may have a point. but...what bout garnett, boozer, maybe duncan, maybe jefferson.

8. spysta

spysta Member

RAFER STILL CALLED HIM OUT

And further more David West is a Star in this LEAGUE not just on that team

Nobody said he was a franchise player but name 1 player (other than Lebron) who is a sole potential franchise player on a winning team these days

Lets see
    Kobe has Gasol and Bynum
    Paul has West and Peja
    Duncan has Ginobili
    Boozer has Williams
    Nash has Amare and Shaq
    Dirk has J Kidd and J Howard
    B.Diddy has Monte and S.Jax
    Tmac had Yao (or vise versa for you sensitive fans)

point being West is a Key part of there team when they lose there Frontcourt leader naturally thats a big loss and that is pauls point

Once again "The Legend" Alston was probably more wrong that paul but who cares

Go rockets

9. YallMean

YallMean Member

David West is a star and Yao is an superstar. Rafer was right about that. However, he should have not said that on TNT to fuel the hornets.

10. cson

cson Contributing Member

Rafer and CP were both right.

11. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

Rafer deserves it, maybe he'll keep his mouth shut.

12. blackistan

blackistan Member

I agree with rafer about the comment about DWest but at the same time i agree with cp3 because rafer although he has been playing good he's been thinking that he's better than he actually is. Rafer just needs to keep his emotions to himself and play basketball

13. skip to my lou

I like how fans and people in the media can see things about players but a person who actually plays basketball cant..to even say rafer is being cocky is dumb because he has been the same way his whole career but at the end of the day leave it on the court

14. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

I would LOVE to see a Rockets vs. Hornets match up in the playoffs. Chris Paul is a great player, but I have no fear whatsoever of that team. The series vs. the Hornets this year in summary:

Game 1: They barely beat the Rockets who were w/o McGrady
    Game 2: Beatdown
    Game 3: Beatdown
    Game 4: Beatdown..on a Rockets team clearly suffering from fatigue

Series tied 2-2, but could easily have been 3-1 Rockets.

Bring 'em on!!

15. thesaint

thesaint Member

I agree with Rafer. He was not saying that he is a superstar or great....he was just answering the critics who said Rockets had it easy with David West out, Pau Gasol out, Nowitzki out. He was making a point by saying Yao, the best player in the team, is out and critics ignore that. He was not putting David West down, he was just stating the obvious that Yao makes huge impact rather than David West for his team, i mean that is a fact!!

16. testmojo

testmojo Member

There is sour smell in CP's comment. Rafer is not as hot as CP. But there is 99% of chance that CP will never ever ride a 22 streak in his entire career. So rafer, you can fire back badly!

17. mw_mw

mw_mw Member

lmao, Yao > 1000000000000x West. period!
    let's see how many all stars Yao played in?? and how many he played in?
    let's also count the number of votes shell we?
    Yao = superstar, idol of 10 billion people on earth.
    West = ........... idol of their city maybe??

18. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

Rafer would kick his @ss. :D

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Looks like AntiMac is very creative at inventing names. ;)

20. ssp0929

ssp0929 Member

Chris Paul is only "good" because he really is the only all-star on his team. Only reason he scores like 40 ppg. And he's taking it way too far.

I mean Rafer was correct in that statement. David West is not a ALL-STAR, nor is he in any a SUPERSTAR. He is like the supporting squad for the Hornets. Just as Shane and Rafer are for the Rockets.

And Chris Paul went far past just defending his teammate, he went as far as to insult Rafer Alston. The truth is, Rafer has been playing way better than Chris Paul recently. He had one bad game and Chris Paul takes this chance to say how good he is and how bad Rafer is. Pathetic.