1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Hollinger] Chris Paul continues taking shots at Rafer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Honey Bear, Mar 20, 2008.

1. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

who wants to see cp3 run into deke's elbows?

2. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

He ran into Battier behind and that was nice I hope someone photoshop that clip.

3. Cygnus33

Cygnus33 Rookie

I would love to see that.

4. ExtremeHolly

ExtremeHolly Rookie

I got Rafer's back all day. Thats my dude.

5. Cygnus33

Cygnus33 Rookie

Rafer could take Paul on the streets anyday.

6. levintblack

levintblack Contributing Member

He would have a much better chance but Paul does play streetball style. And who cares. I'm sick of people using Rafer's streetball cred as something that has anything to do with his game. He can't play that style for us so why does it matter.

7. Cygnus33

Cygnus33 Rookie

I'm not using it as an excuse. Paul is clearly the better NBA player, any day of the week.

My post was more of a joke then anything. it wasn't really relevant to the thread besides the fact that it's Skip vs CP3.

I do thing Rafer could take him on the streets though. Paul plays dirty, not street. Big difference. Paul would catch a beatdown on the streets for the way he plays. Rafer would make him look silly. But then, Paul made Rafer look silly tonight, so whatever.

8. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

True...Rafer has let the streak get to his head. He's one of those guys that performs according to crowd reaction...as most street ballers are. When the crowd is going nuts, he'll put on a little show that is not appropriate in the NBA. I'm not excusing him for that.

But Chris Paul is comparing himself to Rafer Alston. Apparently, Chris Paul aka CP3 isn't the most humble point guard in the southwest division either. He seems like a crybaby. ah foowy the Rockets get a streak. the Hornets are in there somewhere more than once. All it took was minus Yao, minus Landry, and a second game of a back-to-back to beat the rejuvenated Rockets.

9. scottlaw

scottlaw Rookie

I really dont know how this trash talking started. But taunting your opponent like that isnt humble. The worst was the taunter got himself embarrased in a blowout loss.

Being humble and hardworking is what I like about the ROX.

10. levintblack

levintblack Contributing Member

I would agree Rafer could make him look silly and score on him well but in a streetball 1-on-1 game I think ball would beat him. Rafer might embaress Paul more but Paul would win. Rafer is a pretty good defender but Paul is in another athletic class and could drive by him pretty much every time.

But back on topic ... if you were joking then sorry for going off its just you said something many on here say seriously.

11. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

That comparison doesn't quite work because you can't add a SG with a PG and compare them to another SG.

The reason my comparison works is because Scola and Landry essentially split the minutes at the 4. Our PF duties are handled as by two people where as the Hornet's PF duties are handled mostly by David West. When you look at the numbers Scolandry was putting up, it was insane. It was something like 24 points and 16 boards on 50-something percent shooting. So please research before you try to be funny. ;)

Now if you were to say Paul + Pargo > Rafer and Bo-Jax, then you would be right. :D

12. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

You know what, I actually have to take one thing back from my first post. Chandler gained some respect back from me today because after that hard foul, there was one play that Rafer tripped over his foot and right away, Chandler went to him and helped him up and they Rafer gave him an ass smack and went to the bench for the timeout. But Paul is the future of the NBA and an almost certain Hall of Famer, he needs to avoid this type of stuff. Nothing wrong with trash-talking on the court, but leave it there. Also, David West annoys me with all the complaining he does to the refs. He has a great deal of talent, but at times comes off as a moron and dirty player for some of his antics.

13. Cygnus33

Cygnus33 Rookie

I was half joking. 1 on 1 on the street is arguable, but I think Rafer could take him. It's just that I wasn't saying it to seriously contribute to the thread.

14. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

David West is not an all-star. I bet 2008 will be his lone all-star appearance. He was picked mainly because of Katrina and NO hosted the show.

Compare to his last season, West has added a little post game. But West gets better number because his playtime and FGA increases in this season.

The games of Pau Gasol/Tim Duncan/Amare Stoudemire/Carlos Boozer/Dirk Nowitzki are head and shoulder above D West. Not to mention Elton Brand is out of injury. So, I dont think D West will be an all-star again.

CP3 wanted to win the all-star game and MVP so badly. But LBJ just took them away from him. It's kind of funny.

15. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

man that tech today that rafer got for "talking" was incredibly RIDICULOUS. who doesn't talk smack on the court??

16. WillG

WillG Member

If i could meet chris paul i would beat his ass. Deron Williams is better

17. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Pretty classless comments by Chris Paul.

Trash talking on the court is all good. Its part of the game. When you consistently take it to the media after games, it's downright sad.

18. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

F Chris Paul. F David West. F Byron Scott. I support Rafer Alston because he's on my team.

19. bloop

bloop Member

well then chris paul is drinking some of that cool aid that rafer is having. because NO isn't as good as they think they are. they made a good run mid season and because they once were on top of the WC standings they think they're an elite team. they're not. they're a full tier below the truly elite teams in the western conference. this isn't the first time in recent months chris paul has had beef with another guard. CP3 is a tough-nosed guard just like rafer, just like isaiah was, just like most good points guards they have a competitive streak a mile long

you can tell who's actually played ball on this bbs and haven't by the comments on rafer. you compete on the court and you can't just turn it off in the locker room. CP3 and rafer have the same personality they're both shooting their mouths and playing hard, it's just that CP3 is a more talented player. LMAO at responses on this thread that are outraged that rafer would go shooting his mouth when CP3 went on for a paragraph shooting his own mouth. seems like rafer must have gotten into CP3's head for him to be so mad? what's classic is people dont even see the hypocrisy... I guess CP3 can talk all he wants because ESPN rides his jock, but rafer cant say anything? guess what this is the NBA guys are gonna talk dont be a hypocrite and applaud one guy and denigrate another for doing the same thing... especially for true comments.

is David Freaking West in the same league as YAO MING? one guy was barely an all star this year by the grace of allah, the other is the best center in the NBA. and finally GTFO if you dont want to support your team. tracy is too soft, rafer is too hard, people can find anything to get their panties in a bunch about instead of SUPPORTING THE GUYS ON YOUR OWN TEAM

20. bloop

bloop Member

I didn't even read your post before I did mine but yes you're 100% right.