1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

If we sweep the rest of the season (5 games), and the Timberwolves win @ Vancouver, lose @ the Lakers, win @ Clippers (who could very well win at home with a monster game from L.O.), lose against Utah, lose @ Houston and lose @ Dallas, we're in the playoffs by 1/2 game.

If the Wolves would have won today we would have been virtually without hope, but the Lakers did us a favor by snapping Minnesota's 10-game home winning streak.

I'm not crazy. But I read Rudy's quote today about not giving up hope, and it inspired me almost more than "Air Bull."

As completely unlikely as it seems to be, I am an obsessed Rockets fan and I have high expectations. I do think the Clips could win at home though, but you guys just do not know how much I want the last game to have meaning while I sit there clutching my Hakeem Olajuwon Bobble-head doll.

------------------
    Chris Webber at the July 28, 2001 3:00 PM news conference when he announces where he will go:

"It seemed tough, but with guidance from Steve Francis, I learned my true destiny. That destiny is to play for the Houston Rockets, to bring them back to championship glory. One big man is all they need, and I believe I can fill that void. Thanks to the loyal fans in Sacramento, but Houston, Texas is where I belong."

2. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Look into the sky...
    good, now, do you see pigs?

------------------
    Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwon is the greatest player in the history of basketball. If you disagree, you are not a Rocket fan.

3. steverocks

steverocks Member

The Lakers stayed one game back of Sacramento in the Pacific Division and snapped the Timberwolves' three-game winning streak. Minnesota still needs two wins or Houston losses to clinch its fifth straight playoff berth. (www.nba.com)

There's still hope!!! [​IMG]

------------------

4. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

If we sweep the rest of the season (5 games), and the Timberwolves win @ Vancouver, lose @ the Lakers, win @ Clippers (who could very well win at home with a monster game from L.O.), lose against Utah, lose @ Houston and lose @ Dallas, we're in the playoffs by 1/2 game.

Uhh...no. The T-Wolves are 45-31 and the Rockets are 42-35. If Houston wins out we finish at 47-35. If Minnesota finishes 2-4 as you describe, then they also finish at 47-35 and get the 8th seed since they own the tie breaker. The easier way to think of it is the way the steverocks described it: Minnesota's magic number is 2. Any combination of T-Wolves wins and Rocket loses that equals 2 and it's over.

------------------

5. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

'Scuse me then! The Wolves can only win one.

The point is, once we are mathematically eliminated, THEN I will give up hope.

------------------
    Chris Webber at the July 28, 2001 3:00 PM news conference when he announces where he will go:

"It seemed tough, but with guidance from Steve Francis, I learned my true destiny. That destiny is to play for the Houston Rockets, to bring them back to championship glory. One big man is all they need, and I believe I can fill that void. Thanks to the loyal fans in Sacramento, but Houston, Texas is where I belong."