1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Historian Quotes

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Ace, Oct 5, 2000.

1. Ace

Ace Contributing Member

Hey all,

As some of you may know, I live in Costa Rica. One of my biggest problems is finding history books written by well-known historians.

Sure, I sometimes buy books at Amazon.com, but there's only so much you can spend. The library has a pretty poor selection. Our history teacher actually provides most of our books.

Anyway, I want to be able to find a site with either 1) complete history texts (either free or those you can download for a fee) 2) a site with history quotes from historians.

Do you guys have a clue? I've looked all over the net, but no luck.

I did find an interesting site with complete texts of certain speeches, exracts from books, etc. :
    http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/mod/modsbook.html

------------------
    Nederland 2002 Qualifying Campaign (Damn those penalties!!!)

Houston Rockets Space Center- Not just another ClutchCity.NET clone. We're that and more! :)

2. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

3. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

This might be the coolest (and largest) collection of links ever. The woman who does this is a reference librarian in Houston and a very nice lady who uses it when people come into her library to ask questions about ANYTHING.
    http://www.clever.net/cam/maf.html

------------------
    Save Our Rockets and Comets
    SaveOurRockets.com

4. PhiSlammaJamma

Good links guys!

------------------
    humble, but hungry.

5. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Bobby Boy,

The links God!

Man! Are you a content provider? You always are on top of knowing where to go for anything!

Impressive

------------------
    I am the thread killer

6. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

thanks mc mark [​IMG] I try

------------------
    In order to be a success in life, you need 2 things:
    1. Don't tell everything you know.

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

There is a site that's going live on 01/01/01 (I think) called Questia.com that will provide a huge collection of liberal arts works, including histories of course. Some of their services are pay and some are free. The catch is, you can't get more than a page at a time. It is a Houston-based company and has got about a zillion dollars now, and their library is going to be big.

------------------
    Rockets Draft Obligations Summary

http://www.gaffordstudios.cjb.net/