1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hillary Clinton's new book

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

anyone plan on reading it? sounds like we could learn a lot :D

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Should be a laugh riot of excuses and historical revision.

3. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

I heard it's going to be one the top fictional book of the year.

4. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

TheresTheDagger likes this.
  5. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I typically do not read books unless a person is a subject matter expert, especially pontificating books like The Diaries of a Mad Woman. I may read it just to see how twisted and warped she really is.

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Same posters who b**** about the D&D being a "Liberal Echo Chamber" created this thread as a Right Wing Echo Chamber to bash Hillary Clinton for the millionth time because they have no original ideas of their own. I guess Antifa b****ing isn't enough of the slam dunk Right wing b**** fest that you guys were hoping it would be so you gotta go back to Hillary.

Should we start with her Emails or Benghazi first?

Apparently alot of people plan on reading it since its already on Barnes and Nobles top 10 bestseller list-

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/b/bn...links_7598468_NA&sourceId=AFFSkimlinksM000006

What is hilarious is that on Amazon, the day before it was even released, there were over 171 negative 1 star reviews.... before the book hadn't even came out yet. I've seriously never been obsessed with anything as much as Right Wingers are obsessed with Hillary Clinton.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

All the women that are desperate to have a woman as President and ignore her warts will read it, then hopefully she will go away so the Dems can find a legitimate candidate that can inspire like Obama.

She had her day, she blew it.....move along.

DD

8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Gawd she is annoying. She hasn't learned a damn thing. Wingnut trolls will chase her until the end of time to deflect from the current white supremacist buffoon in chief.

AroundTheWorld and R0ckets03 like this.
  9. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

She's putting her self out there and making controversial statements along the way and you expect people to not talk about it?
    Right wingers might be obsessed about Hillary but it will never come close to the obsession the left has with Trump.

10. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I wish her the best.

AroundTheWorld and Nook like this.
  11. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Who is going to buy the book? I do not have a time to read it even it is free.

12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I thought she just came out with a new book a couple of months ago. Is this another new book, or the same one that somehow made it back in the news cycle?

For books like this, some affiliate of the publisher buys up a bunch of copies to put it on the bestseller list. Nobody has to read it except the occasional unfortunate journalist assigned to write an article about it.

13. marky :)

marky :) Member

Lol who would read this crap.

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

She's written other books before, but I believe this one has been teased in the media since she lost the election so you are probably thinking about the same book.

Are you saying that it won't actually be a halfway decent seller, or that you just can't believe that normal people will want to read it? I assume that the early B&N ranking has alot to do with what you mentioned or the fact that wholesalers buy in bulk to resale, but they wouldn't be doing so if there wasn't going to be demand on the shelves.

Also if what she has to say isn't intriguing, people here wouldn't be talking about it, and likely the media would catch on pretty quick that this is a low demand topic. #1 of all time... maybe not, but yes... it will sell a sh#$ ton like it or not.

Not sure why EVERYTHING with Hillary has to be a grand conspiracy. Even her book sales ranking is a conspiracy. Good lord.

If anyone wants my personal opinion here, yes I do want her to step aside and let the up and comers on the left have a bigger voice, and stop allowing right wingers to vent their frustrations on Hillary as their favorite punching bag. That being said, she's entirely allowed to speak whenever she wants to, and she's allowed to write a Godamn freaking book for crying out loud. I get sick and tired of people on both sides acting as though Hillary Clinton has to be this perfect machine all the damn time when we have Bozo the Clowns on the other side of the isle who can be white supremacists, like p*rn videos on Twitter, sent millions to war nonstop, and act as though tax breaks for millionaires is like touching the peak of Everest, and get away with it.

I'm happy to see this version of Hillary who doesn't give a F even though yes, I knew she was a flawed candidate with baggage, and I hope to see other younger leaders on the left step up over the next year.

justtxyank likes this.
  15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

From the excerpts I've read it seems like a pretty honest assessment of herself, the campaign, the Democratic party issues, etc. She blames herself for buying into the inevitable stuff, for not campaigning where she should have, for not taking Trump seriously. She blames herself AND Democrats for focusing too much on appealing to SEGMENTS of people with targeted reform instead of finding ways to help them by helping everyone, she warns the Democrats about going down the road of the super left, etc.

Will she try to deflect SOME blame and be a little revisionist? Of course. Everyone does that.

Still, from what I've read it looks like the most honest and sober assessment I've seen from anyone on the left.

Rashmon, Nook and dobro1229 like this.
  16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

This isn't a Hillary conspiracy theory. It's a bestseller list conspiracy theory: https://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffbe...new-york-times-bestsellers-list/#3a3348e43a7b

Os Trigonum likes this.
  17. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

i am with her. 2020

18. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

probably be as accurate, factual, and honest as this book

[​IMG]

19. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

i want her to keep running and losing for the lulz

roll her out there in her wheelchair, oxygen tanks in tow for the debates. would be amazing.

Pen15clubber and Astrodome like this.
  20. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I can't find myself really caring one way or the other that she believes her own mistakes didn't cost her the election. I don't like her, but she isn't the worst person in the world. I just don't really care.

AroundTheWorld and CometsWin like this.