1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hillary Clinton Clinches Democratic Nomination!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Deckard, Jun 6, 2016.

1. dmoneybangbang

Ya.

The system isn't "rigged", Bernie just went to far left. If he would have stuck with an infrastructure and a coherent reform of ACA platform he would have been the nominee.

2. Buck Turgidson

Replace "women" with "anything" and you've finally gotten to the crux of glynchism: anyone who disagrees is either "brainwashed" or just too damn stupid to know better. The condescension is quite strong. Every couple of years he finds a new buzzword - neocon, Koch Bros, moderate, Hillary, whatever - and throws it out on anyone slightly to the right of him.

I always pictured Deckard as more of a Joe Namath-in-a furcoat guy.

3. hooroo

hooroo Member

Watergate, Thomas Alfred Taylor, Whitewater, Travelgate, Filegate, Cattle Futures, Benghazi, email server, & the Clinton Foundation.

People don't have to be caricatures when turning a blind eye achieves the same result. The mind numbing part is that they have a choice.

Idiocracy was about society, not an individual. Clinton doesn't have to mirror Camacho, only reflect the same people.

4. Roxfreak724

Roxfreak724 Member

I think I need to put in a few points here, as a BernieCrat (hope that becomes a thing haha)

1. Bernie has lost in popular vote and pledged delegates, no way around that.

2. There is no way to ascertain what would have happened if every state had an open primary, he may have lost even bigger who knows? This process is stupid and needs to be reformed. Caucuses should stay (I like the social aspect of it), but they should have no impact in terms of delegates or the nomination. Open primaries in every state, adequate polling locations, etc.

3. The superdelegates are stupid and the media reporting them a day before the primaries is journalistic malpractice. Not ok, they have to go.

4. Hillary Clinton could still be Indicted, I thought the email thing wasn't so bad, but it seems we don't know everything about it. Bernie should stick around until that process plays out.

5. Hillary should be the nominee if there is no indictment. She leads in pledged delegates. You can debate the process all you want, it is ridiculous, but it's what we have.

6. Hillary Clinton's potential victory is a big deal for women in the U.S. I hope a ton of little girls are understanding just how far they can go. That being said, it ain't over until the superdelegates vote in July or until Bernie suspends his campaign, which could happen after D.C. but who knows?

7. Being the first woman nominated for president from a major party doesn't excuse you from criticism. It doesn't excuse supporting fracking or taking ludicrous sums of money from financial institutions that you claim to not be beholden to. It's not sexist to bring up these claims.

8. Hillary's campaign has an enthusiasm problem and she herself has a trust problem (as reflected in her terrible unfavorables). I hope they figure out how to deal with these issues if she runs as the nominee. Or cross your fingers and hope Drumpf implodes.

9. If Hillary becomes the nominee and loses the general (assuming adequate Bernie Sanders support and assuming a 2 person race with Drumpf) it's on her. Whatever scandal, right-wing nonsense that comes her way and maybe derails her is NOT an excuse for losing to a psychopath. I have been assured by ROCKETSJUDOKA and many MSM sources that she is the most vetted candidate in history and that nothing can tear her down after years of surviving right-wing attacks. I hope y'all are right.

10. Bernie Sanders cannot force his supporters to vote for her, she will have to make the case to the "on the fencers" and the "BernieOrBust" if she is the nominee.

11. If there is no indictment, and Hillary is the nominee, it is Bernie's responsibility to try and convince as many of his supporters as possible to vote for Clinton (or against Drumpf, however he wants frame it), especially in swing states.
    12. That being said, the responsibility of party unity lies mainly with Hillary Clinton and the DNC. They will have to make more concessions, either in process or policy or both, and get him on board. If there is somebody who is not going to just "fall in line" it's Bernie Sanders
    13. Bernie is a struggler and a revolutionary. He did what I expected him to tonight (the struggle continues....) and frankly, he did what I wanted him to do.

14. To all the old Dems on the board, stop expecting us to "fall in line". A huge percentage of the people who voted in the primary for Bernie feel little affiliation to the party. This condescension is not going to work, at least try a better strategy.

15. This point is to DECKARD specifically. I have no idea who you thought you were voting for, but the guy who defiantly said "the struggle continues" is the guy I voted for. That's kind of fight and determination I want in my president, that's the kind integrity and indomitable spirit it takes to transform a country. This guy's been fighting a losing battle in the Senate and Congress for 30 years, did you really think he would just stop here and go away? If you've been surprised/dismayed/disappointed by Bernie I think you just never really understood the guy. The problem has always been you, not Bernie.

16. This point is specifically for B-BOB. Bernie supporters, just by looking at empirical evidence of talk on the subreddit, social media, and other platforms, do not seem like they will be going away for future elections. Really doubt they would sit out 2018 midterms.

17. Every Bernie supporter needs to adopt the concept of the never-ending struggle. Losing one day is NOT an excuse for not trying the next day.

18. Hillary Clinton does not have a bold enough plan for climate change. This is by far the biggest point of this list, I doubt anyone cares smh. She needs to be better on this if she is gonna be the nominee, which I concede is likely.

2 people like this.
  5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Yes let's cheer on the campaign that labels us misogynist 'Bernie Bros'.

It's such a low hanging fruit of an argument to just label Bernie supporters 'crazy'. Hillary won. Congrats. Congrats to your goal of keeping corporate influence in American democracy. Congrats. You guys won. Now beat an actual crazy person in Trump please. No change is better than whatever the **** Trump is.

And speaking of 'entitled', assuming that Bernie supporters would just magically support Hillary after the nasty smear campaign of his supporters IS ACTUAL ENTITLEMENT

Is there anyone as entitled as Hilary?

#105 fchowd0311, Jun 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
  6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Overly aggressive Internet males.

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I don't know what half of things are. Perhaps back issues of your newsletter would be helpful here.

8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Don't care for Bernie. He has lost his ways.

But his supporters sticking around for the long haul and fight would be great.

Would be first, in many generations that the young folks wouldn't go away.

9. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Are you saying you're not a BernieBro, or are you saying BernieBros don't exist?

One of the hallmarks of dudebroism is the delusional hostage-taking attempts. "You $hillbots better be nice to us now or you will lose in November." Please, go ahead and vote for the other angry old man, you know you want to. It doesn't matter. Either you'll grow up and find you were on the wrong side of history, or you were never with us to begin with.

(This comment was sponsored by David Brock and my corporate overlords at Goldman Sachs).

10. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

easily the worst pair of nominees in the history of the country, by any standard you want to use (morality, competence)

#110 Commodore, Jun 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
  11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Shillary is pretty competent so I don't know where you are getting that from...

Morally corrupt? Probably. Not nearly as much as Trump even at that though.

12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

His message and issues are his strengths but he himself really wasn't a good candidate. Sanders supporters keep on blaming everything and everyone without considering that maybe an elderly Senator from a small state, who has very little legislatively to show for decades in Congress, and wasn't even a Democrat until he decided to run for President wasn't the best choice to win the Democratic nomination.

Clinton should've trounced Sanders and it shouldn't have even been this close (it actually isn't as close as many portray it) that is a testament to the strength of his issues but also to Clinton's weaknesses. Even though I'm an avowed Clinton supporter and have even donated to her campaign I won't deny she is flawed. Sanders supporters though have blinded themselves to his weaknesses and instead blame others.

13. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

I have to disagree with this statement. Does Clinton inspire optimism? Not for me. But I don't see her as a threat to my daily life (as GWB was and Trump will be).

Adding Trump into the pair single handedly skews your statement. GWB\Gore or Kerry were also terrible combinations. Again because GWB single handedly brought the pairing down. Say, John McCain and Clinton would be perfectly respectable candidates (and McCain probably would win if we doesn't pick Palin again as a VP).

One may not personally like Clinton but I seriously doubt she will threaten the country (as GWB did with the great recession or Trump likely will). Clinton is an experienced politician that knows how to keep things afloat. The economy will hold steady (or improve if Bill helps) and she won't be a diplomatic nightmare abroad (like GWB and Trump).

14. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Since I've been called out I will respond to this. First I don't work for a new service and am no way the voice of the MSM. In fact posting on Clutchfans is taking away valuable time that I should be spent for my real job which has nothing to with journalism.

Yes Clinton is the most vetted candidate and she has survived 25 years of attacks. That doesn't mean we know everything about her but she's been in the public spotlight and faced several Congressional investigations, media investigations, political opponent investigations and so on.. We know a lot of good and bad about her far more than what was known or is known about Sanders.

It's within the realm of possibility that she could be indicted but I think it's very unlikely. I think there is about the same amount of chance that Sanders convinces a majority of Super Delegates to switch to him as Clinton gets indicted. In other words it will probably take the later to happen for the former.

15. fchowd0311

How about feminazis? Are there any feminazis who support Hillary? How many Hillary voters only vote for Hillary because of her gender?

16. dback816

dback816 Member

Probably less than those who claim to hate her only because of her gender

17. fchowd0311

Really? Other than your *******, provide some evidence for your claim.

I've been aroundany conservatives because of my military background and haven't heard one line of attack from them that centers around her gender.

1 person likes this.
  18. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Trump is the worst nominee....easily.

However,
    The Clintons are the republicans worst nightmare......(besides Obama). They don't take crap from anyone without responding. They are slick and push the boundaries without breaking the law. They play the political game with aggressiveness that Democrats usually shy away from. It pisses the Right off because Bill and Hillary are like Ali doing a Rope-A-Dope.

19. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

Like the boundaries of where state documents are kept by the SOS or how about lying under oath... They are without question liars and law breakers with little to no moral fiber who would do or say anything to maintain their position.

20. fchowd0311

Jesus, did you ever bend down at your knees for Bill or something?