1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hillary Clinton Clinches Democratic Nomination!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Deckard, Jun 6, 2016.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Change your name to America First, sir.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I'm sorry to say this, but it's much easier attacking Hillary's record and character than Bernie's inherently.

3. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Do any of you Hillary supporters think that the stunt of calling the whole primary election before California and NJ even vote will make Bernie supporters more likely to support Hillary?

4. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

AP called the election (prematurely in my view) and threw a wrinkle into Hillary's scheduled New Jersey celebration.

Don't know who it benefits -- but many Sanders supporters were going to be pissed either way having been misled about the history of 'presumptive nominee' announcements. (including Trumps this time around, and Obama's in 08).

5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Fair enough. But, the nomination is still no more clinched this week than it was last week. Some media outlet calling it doesn't make it so. If the superdelegates turned en masse at the convention, she wouldn't be the nominee. By contrast, Trump does have his nomination clinched in that all the delegates he needs to win are bound by the rules to vote for him. We knew Sanders fell short a couple of months ago. He won't drop out. He'll be behind even further tomorrow morning and he still won't drop out. Clinton has still had this thing sewn up for a long time now regardless.

6. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

I don't think Trump has enough bound delegates yet (for a few more hours). 538 has him at 1144 of 1237 needed. It's a little different in that he's so far ahead and the others have dropped out...but pledged alone has never been the standard for announcing presumptive nominee.

7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What about the repercussions of our national security with Trump stating that his foreign policy will be to commit warcrimes, put our military in the position of having to disobey his orders, and him saying that he would leave the option of dropping nukes on Europe on the table?

Those national security concerns don't concern you?

8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I don't think you're getting it dude. I support deportations but that wall idea is a boondoggle. It won't work, everyone that's ever studied it has said it wouldn't work.

Trump isn't just going after illegals, he's going after Mexicans whereas illegals come from all over the world including Mexico. This federal judge isn't an illegal. He's an American. Trump is just a bigot. The backlash against that has nothing to do with illegals. All minorities pin their ears up when they hear some old white billionaire attacking minorities on a loop.

#68 CometsWin, Jun 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
  9. dback816

dback816 Member

The same reason Kasich polls well.

And let's be honest here, alleged Bernie supporters who claim they will vote Trump were never true progressives in the first place.

10. shorerider

shorerider Member

The voters have chosen Hillary. That needs to be conceded. Any Sanders supporters crying foul need to put their energy elsewhere. His big mistake was thinking he could upend the establishment from the inside by running as a Democrat. He should have run as an independent. The Democratic Party of yester-year (Kennedy, McGovern, etc.) is long gone. It has been completely eviscerated save for a few token issues that make it appear attractive enough for died-in-the-wool liberals to settle for.

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

she doesn't have enough votes from actual voters. and her superdelegates won't vote until the last week of july.

12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I totally agree. Trump is someone who has shown he doesn't understand the way treaties work, has made racist comments to sitting federal judges, pledged to make war crimes part of his foreign policy, is possibly the only person to be a bigger liar than Hillary Clinton, is accused of committing fraud, cheered the collapse of the housing market and our plunge into recession, and also has the support of bigtexxx.

No true progressive could abide by that resume.

13. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I want to see him negotiate treaties with Mexico when all the Mexican delegates are... Mexican. That'll be a toughie!

14. SamFisher

LOL, token issues like the rights of minorities, women, LGBT - please Berniesplain how a TRUE LIBERAL sees through that facade.

15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[ M A G A ]

16. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Not sure which one is better, and I don't really give a chit about politics, but do appreciate a good Crying Jordan.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. shorerider

shorerider Member

Forget the delegates altogether. Hell, I don't understand all this delegate business. Just go by popular vote totals. Democracy anyone? She has a hell of a lot more votes. Period. Hard to dispute that.

18. shorerider

shorerider Member

LOL, glynch man I hope you do understand the nature of all the hate you're receiving on this board. The level of hate waged against Sanders and his supporters is directly proportional to how awful their nominee is. In my estimation the worst Democratic nominee in modern history, and there have been some bad ones. It's hilarious. HRC supporters are like angry wasps.

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Hillary Clinton is sweeping the primaries tonight. California awaits, but I'm very optimistic. She's speaking now on CNN and MSNBC. Finally, a woman will be the nominee of the biggest political party in America. It's about time!

20. SamFisher

And ironically, Sanders supporters are mostly WASPs, which is why he lost.