1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hillary Clinton 2016: Stronger Together

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by JeffB, Aug 27, 2016.

1. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

Hillary hasn't even been (and won't be)president and has put our national security at risk. But Trump speaks bluntly and it offends people. She voted for the Iraq war, and has recently said she would threaten military action over cyberatacks

My feeeelings come before my country' security

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am voting for Hillary because I have a clear idea of whom she is and how she will govern. She's socially liberal, fiscally moderate, and hawkish on foreign policy. I am ok with all of those things because it aligns with my sentiment. I wish she would stand-up to corporations more but very very few candidates do and none that have led a major party since probably Jimmy Carter.

People talk about her abuse of power but there was no evidence of wrongdoing with the Clinton foundation. In fact, I find it reassuring that she rejected every favor that was asked and only agreed to meetings. I mean who wouldn't meet with Bono or the people asking to meet her?

I think the way she handled the email server was awful. No so much in setting up but in trying to justify it. She should have just admitted she was wrong from the get go. I think the whole Benghazi thing is just a manufactured controversy. No one talks about how Congress cut the budget for security of our embassies they just want to throw Clinton under the bus. And they didn't even start the investigation or hearings until after it became clear she would be running for office. It's terrible politics.

She's flawed. She's not likeable. I would not want to have a drink with her and I find her to be jaded and controlled by special interests. But there isn't anyone else who'd do nearly as good as job as her. I trust her to do what is best for the country even though I know she will like every other politician make sure she saves her own skin.

If people want to criticize her they should. But I'd like to see someone point to specific things she did that were corrupt instead of just making insinuations or associations that don't prove jack.

3. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

4. dmoneybangbang

Hillary will get **** done. No other candidate has a clue how to govern.

5. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Hillary should be disqualified from running for president. She is also a danger to every American's safety.

6. Dei

Dei Member

She'll **** things up, definitely.

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Great post I agree with almost everything you said. I would like to say odds are she has done some very Very corrupt things she has not been caught for though. There may be evidence one day that comes to light. May be even after she leaves office.

There is no other option though (i will be voting Green Party) crazy orange guy with a wig will not be Prez of this country. The education system is falling behind certain parts of the world for a long time now. But there are not enough dumb people in this country to put that clown like that in office yet.

8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Here's the problem with all these emails being released. 99% of Americans are not going to take the time including me to read through all the emails and come up with a conclusion on their own. Instead everyone here on BOTH SIDES will only read or watch the hyper partisan news source that tells them that she's a fraud or it was not a big deal and out of habit we believe them at face value. That's how majoirty if Americans form their opinion of Hillary.

9. TheresTheDagger

And be paid very handsomely for it!!!

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

- redditor

This describes how I basically feel. A government politician that has spent most of her life as a "public" servant... Dont really understand why some are so willfully ignorant...

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'll put it to you like this.

You are going into the NFL season and you are without a Quarterback. You have two options. One guy is a pretty good QB, has tons of experience to his name, but...and here is the but...he's known to deflate a ball or two. We'll call him Tom Brady.

Your other option hasn't played the QB position in the NFL. He hasn't played the QB position in college either...hell he's never played it at all. His name is Joe Schmoe.

Which one do you choose?

12. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Hillary Clinton IS NOT Tom ****ing Brady...Tom makes players around him better. He makes Joe Schmoe a freaking HOF...Hillary sells out her nation for foreign money/interests. Hillary destroys the Joe Schmoe...

13. Dei

Dei Member

OJ Simpson vs Joe Schmoe?

14. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

If Hillary is so massively corrupt why can't 25 years of GOP funded investigations come up with prosecutable charges? It's certainly not for lack of trying.

It seems the purpose is just to keep the idea that she is corrupt viable and that's more politically valuable than actually proving anything. They can run against an undefined boogieman in every Congressional district, it's easy misogyny.

After 8 years of calling Mr. Obama a Muslim feckless dictator with no birth certificate, cramming legislation down the throats of an totally obstructives Congress, I don't think anybody buys much of it except the true-believers above.

#74 Dubious, Sep 3, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
  15. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    The FBI's direct answer to your question as to why she wasn't prosecuted was because she lacked intent to commit a crime. The justification for that position was her lack of technological sophistication and her lack of understanding of the classified marking system. So in other words, she is ignorant and incompetent as it relates to computers, emails and the handling of classified information. Yes, this is the same person running on her 'competency' and standing as the 'most qualified person to ever run for President.' At this point, those descriptions are simply hilarious on their face.

Of course, the emails that have surfaced since Comey's testimony, as well as the FBI report, have completely obliterated her defenses in this matter.

This woman is corrupt to the core, is dishonest to the core, and is incompetent to the core. On top of that, she is physically frail, repulsively unattractive, and incapable of keeping her husband happy sexually.

GOOD DAY

16. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Actually the more appropriate questions is to ask yourself this...

If you or I were responsible for leaking classified material, would we be able to use the excuse that "I had a concussion" to the feds...would we have a job???

If you had a "charitable" organization that was moving multi-million dollars of foreign monies, would we be under investigation by the IRS/other federal agencies?

[​IMG]

17. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

she leaked classified info to who?

charitable orgs based in the US can't accept donations in non-US $?

18. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

Maybe this is a better analogy but the answer is still the same.

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I'm genuinely curious. Have you read all the emails?

20. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Your analogy explains your whole mentality. The presidency is not about competition and trying to 'beat' the other team. Its more of the opposite. They should try to unite and bring people together.

There were plenty of options on the table. "Tom Brady" and "Joe Schmoe" were not the only two options. The broken RNC allowed their candidate to pass and the corrupt DNC allowed the candidate in.

Its really sad the liberals welcome Hillary with open arms.