1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hey Rockets Fans!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Cohen, Nov 22, 1999.

1. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

We have had a few semi-heated discussions here recently (understandably). I would just like to say that it is impressive that so many are sticking by the Team. Watching these games is torturous for all.

I keep thinking of a recent study that proved when the team you root for wins, your testosterone level is increased. Unfortunately for us, the contrary is true also (seriously).

So all I can add is congrats for sticking with our team, and try not to grow breasts by the end of the season (..uhh...except for the ladies here , of course).

GO ROCKETS!

2. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Yep, this year's crop of newbies is much better than the bunch that came in with Pippen last year and jumped ship when we were "only" the fifth seed.

Props to everyone for being true fans!

[This message has been edited by AntiSonic (edited November 22, 1999).]

3. Caveman

Caveman Member

Does that include ones like me who hates Rudy?

------------------
    Rockets' biggest problem is not player talent levels, it is the coach's ineptitude.

4. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

caveman,

i was agreeing with you earlier, but now
    you're not giving rudy a fair chance...

didn't you see the nice tie that rudy had on tonight?

5. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

Caveman,

No. [​IMG]

6. Caveman

Caveman Member

I am just kidding. But I think you can hate a coach and still being considered a fan, right? [​IMG]

------------------
    Rockets' biggest problem is not player talent levels, it is the coach's ineptitude.

7. Caveman...Let me try to help you out there bud.

Firstly let me say Yes. Though I do not hate Rudy, I do find serious shortcomings in his abilities as head coach (with no real assistants) I too hear the bantering from those who love Rudy. But try this. Use fact, try to analyze, give opinion, but stay away from personal clashes. Though Ive used this method in my complaints about Rudy, I still get jostled from time to time. But what I get back in those who contradict me with their solid opinion, and sturdy basketball knowledge, far outweigh sifting through the rest.

8. rock

rock Member

There are always a few really great Rockets fans out there... and clutchcity.net is their meeting place...

9. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

Hey don't mean to toot my own horn, AND I AM NOT DISSING ANY ROCKETS FAN, but you know you are a hard core fan when you are willing to shell out mega bucks to get the Rox on Direct TV like me and my boys do. Long Live The ROX. (I'm frustrated because I care.)

------------------
    The truth is out there... but not in the post.

10. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

you call 170 megabux? I bought season tix to the god-awfull Warriors just so I can watch my Rox come 2 times a year. Plus I shelled out the MEGA-DOLLARS for DirecTV also. I missed the first Rox G.S. game cuz the fight but I'll be there for the next one, by the way if you ever see this idiot behind Calvin and Bill at the Golden State games thats me the very only Scarface from Clutchcity.net

------------------
    "We need to fockass".....Dream back in the day

11. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

I work for the state man, so 10 bucks is mega bucks for me! I'd have to beg, borrow, steal, and kill to get to see the Rox live. (Not too practical anyway since I live in Austin.) GO ROX, from a transplanted Houstonian.

------------------
    The truth is out there... but not in the post.

12. Rocket Freak

Rocket Freak Contributing Member

No wonder my testicles have been shrinking for the last three years.

13. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

Well if you work for the state then I guess then that is MEGA-BUX

------------------
    "We need to fockass".....Dream back in the day

14. popeye

popeye Member

Scar: Did you get your moniker when you stole one of Calvin's cookies?

15. CaucasionSensation

That's what I'm sayin' Pops, a Muslim homosexual. Some sort of body part would be cut off. That's a little disrespectful to the Dream.