1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hey Capela & Gordon, "Stay Humble, Stay Hungry"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

More than anything this message needs to get through to these guys, especially Gordon and Capela. It was an impressive victory, but all we have done is made a shot across the bow and now the Warriors know to take us very very seriously - they would have done that anyway but emotionally they know the Rockets are a dangerous team to them. They will prepare if we meet them again in the WCF assuming things continue as we expect. They next time they play, they will have studied all our moves and strengths and will work hard to take them away. This is a historically good team - maybe the best ever.

So declare you are better than the champs after beating them in a regular season game is setting you up for a rude awakening. There's a reason Hakeem always said stay humble, stay hungry - because as soon as you think you're better (especially after shooting 0-9 from 3), you're going to stay stupid things and make mistakes.

If they want to beat these guys they can't ever relax. They shouldn't focus on this game, they should focus on the next. They shouldn't have to say they are better, they should prove it in the playoffs.

2. OTMax

OTMax Member

What did Gordon say? He shouldn't say anything the way he played. Capela is young and confident so he can talk some trash ;)

Stormy1234 likes this.
  3. macho GRANDE

macho GRANDE Elvis, was a hero to most but................

For real doe

Stormy1234 and azndino2005 like this.
  4. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Stay confident my friends.

Stormy1234, Rudyc281 and Pen15clubber like this.
  5. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

All Gordon said is they attack the weakest link in the defense when they go small whihbisnCurry. We been trying to isolate Curry off of the screen to defend harden for years now. What he stated is very obvious I like the confidence they been showing. Capela said at the beginning of the season that we could beat GSW. He said that long before we beat them tonight. It's obvious from the top to the bottom of our franchise that they feel confidence against playing GSW, which is a breath of fresh air from years past when it looked like only Harden would show up and everybody else seem generally overmatched and rattles mentally goin against GSW.

OTMax, Stormy1234 and DonKnock like this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol Capela isn't in the same group as Gordon.

Gordon is a veteran, has gone through years of injuries, he knows what a championship pursuit looks like.

I am sure Gordon was just saying what he thought at the moment, nothing serious.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  7. AWIN

AWIN Member

Yeah regular season game and all but we won a series against the best team the NBA has ever seen and had to beat the refs as well...F**K those Golden Gay Boys...”American Me” style.

8. Mr Chuck Norris

Talk that **** Yall boys. **** the warriors.

RCPM, DonKnock and Pen15clubber like this.
  9. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Please give me a list of all our players that can/can't talk trash so I can get fired up/pissed off accordingly

Thanks in advance

DD

10. Le$$

Le$$ Member

I think the rockets have a solid team with Paul, and its obvious now they can match up really good with gsw. Its gonna be interesting come playoffs. My only hope is somehow if they get the Timberwolves in the 2nd round homecourt, and spurs somehow get warriors and toss them around and beat them up badly, we could see a tired Warriors team in the west finals. Only way to get a chip this year.

11. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

We didn’t even have our secret weapon GG in this matchup

juanm34 and Rudyc281 like this.
  12. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i disagree.

i dont think they've ever really been challenged. everyone is scared of them and they always have the mental edge. the only challenge they had was losing to the cavs and they didn't overcome that by themselves, they went out and got kd. kd never overcame his challenges by himself either. maybe our confidence will scare them since only lebron has ever shown confidence against them.

i say talk **** and make them try to play mad. might throw them off. outside of dray and west i don't think those guys are ready to play mad. i know we have a team of fighters. ask the clippers.

DonKnock, cbs1507 and Stormy1234 like this.
  13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I say what I say less about them and more about us. Having confidence is good. But overconfidence is a weakness. Capela declaring we're better than them is ridiculous.

smoothie likes this.
  14. Mr Chuck Norris

Listen **** THE WARRIORS. Just because you’re scared doesn’t mean the team has to be scared. Bottom line we beat them 2 times this year and would have been 3-0 had we had James Harden. Talk your ****, and back it up.

15. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

This is what overconfidence looks like:

Golden State Warriors power forward Draymond Green confidently said other NBAtitle contenders "don't have a f--king clue" how to handle the defending champion Dubs.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...o-team-has-a-f-king-clue-how-to-beat-warriors

topfive and juanm34 like this.
  16. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Morey got everyone “ obsessed with beating the warriors”.
    They all know the road to a chip is through Gsw

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Yes it is, and it's one reason we have a chance - because they don't think they are beatable. You listen to how they talk after this game and they see nothing wrong. Even Kerr sees it as their mistakes. And they are right to some degree - no has had a clue on how to beat them IN THE PLAYOFFS. So it's closer to a factual statement than Capela saying "we're better" than the greatest team ever put together on paper in NBA history outside the Olympic Gold Medal team in Barcelona.

Beat them first, then say whatever you want. Only a fool speaks like that. And yes Green is a fool too. Difference is he has 2 rings backing him up.

It's very very hard to use a regular season game - or even 3 to assess what will happen in the playoffs. Teams lose 0-4 in the regular season end up sweeping a team in the playoffs. Totally different game. In the regular season you play your regular game against everyone pretty much.

In the Playoffs you look to disrupt what the other team does and you exploit their weaknesses.

18. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Talking **** doesn't help ... Staying humble doesn't either... GS gonna GS regardless... Let's just handle our own business and we'll see what happens...

19. photojoe

photojoe Member

Sure- stay humble, stay hungry.

Also, stay confident.

20. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Except he's won 2 titles in 3 years and we've won what exactly? I'm perfectly fine w them talking trash during the game and in private but all this "we're better than them" talk does nothing for us. Put your head down, stay humble and keep grinding until youve reached the top. Until then I don't want to hear any of this BS. I'm not here to claim victory in the regular season.