1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Here's to you....taking our exception.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sane, Aug 23, 2000.

1. haven

haven Member

hetero doxy: Did you watch either of these players... ever? I dislike the selection of Collier, but he's 5 times the shooter Pryzbilla is. Pryz will be better on the boards and on D, but Collier will be one of the better big men shooters in the league.

I don't think the trade was a good idea either, but it's not like Collier is *completely* bereft of skill.

------------------
    David Falk is a MoFo.

The lottery sucks. Playoffs 2001.

2. hetero doxy

hetero doxy Member

bob-

it cost more than agreed to, because mclane added the conference center and large party rooms. but, it did not incur cost overruns in the "regular" part. this was in no small part due to the heroic contributions of undocumented hispanic labor, the hidden key to the recent economic expansion in texas and the nation.

btw, you do understand that the reported contributions of the private sector and mclane to the costs of the efus often took the form of loans to be repaid by the taxpayers?

[This message has been edited by hetero doxy (edited August 23, 2000).]

3. hetero doxy

hetero doxy Member

haven-

i just saw them play in college. i'm not an expert. but, i'm also not a blind homer.

------------------

4. Dennis2112

Dennis2112 Contributing Member

I am glad that you have expanded your vocabulary from Lackey to blind homer. I can see you have been reading your Dr Seuss books again.

BTW Mr. positive, Enron field came in under budget not over.

------------------
    Houston Rockets Forever!!
    In Rudy We Trust

[This message has been edited by Dennis2112 (edited August 23, 2000).]

5. cson

cson Contributing Member

yeah, it would be real sweet to get Houston (if that's even a real consideration) but i wouldn't bet MY money on Baker's baggage..

------------------

6. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Actually, if we could somehow get Vin Baker, I would love it. I was a big fan of his when he was with Milwaukee. If the people of Houston let him know that they want him, he'd snap out of his funk. How would YOU feel if the team that just signed you long-term was trying to trade you. Besides, he's supposedly in the best shape of his career. We will have a chance to see him play both PF and C in the Olympics next month. If nothing is done in the next few days, Rudy could get a great look at him over the next few weeks. If he likes what he sees, let's go for it! Baker's better than any PF we're going to get through free agency (Webber's not coming here). How about this:

Rockets get:
    Vin Baker

Clippers get:
    $4.5M exception
    Bryce Drew

Sonics get:
    Maurice Taylor

It might not work under the cap, but CD and Rudy could make it work.

------------------

7. Sane

Sane Member

I just wanted to say i really DON'T like being called a lackey....shows your age, but it's ok.......

Maybe they want our trade exception for Mo Taylor, don't u think??????

and GMs don't give contracts like that to scrubs, in case u don't understand, that means Walt isn't a scrub....not an ALL STAR, but not a scrub......maybe u should SUPPORT your team? just a thought.......

------------------