1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Here is the list of the worst 3 point shooters in the league who attempt at least 4 a game.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Swapshop, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

PDXPal likes this.
  2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

3. malakas

malakas Member

look, even curry was there shooting 24% on 3s.
    Westbrook with better 3pnt % than him.:D

If it doesn't go in now, they will go in all later. Harden isn't a bad shooter.

clutchdabear, tmoney1101, HP3 and 2 others like this.
  4. bmelo

bmelo Member

wE'lL bE fInE

5. JW86

JW86 Member

That's far from our biggest issue, it will come back to the mean.

HP3, D-rock and malakas like this.
  6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would have preferred that OP work "literally" into the thread title

tmoney1101 likes this.
  7. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

8. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I wouldn't disagree with that. He isn't a bad shooter when he isn't in a slump. Sometimes James looks absolutely fantastic. The same could be said for other players too. When you are hot you can be that spark that gets us a win.

The problem I have always had with James is what appears to be his love of ISO over all else. I just see him forcing shots instead of passing to a wide open man far too often for my liking. That goes double when he is shooting poorly and still taking twice as many 3's. When you are missing 80% of your shots from the arc you have no business being a ball hog.

People will always disagree with me and say James can do no wrong, like our coach does, but that's just how I feel. He seems to be chewing out other players more now too. We don't need any of our players stirring up a pot of animosity by lashing out from frustration. It's worse when the finger pointer is part of he problem things are going wrong. Guys need to man up, grow up, and play with discipline, and not immaturity. Stop the crying and whining for fouls the whole game.

I am just hoping they can all get along, and our leaders can start leading these young guys by example. We need that team chemistry and comradarie. The stars shouldn't be exempt from discipline and coaching any more than the rest. Our coach needs to tighten the reins and get in there and coach.

#8 deb4rockets, Nov 4, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
    Houstunna likes this.
  9. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

[​IMG]

Also here is the list of best 3 point shooters.

[​IMG]

10. macan

macan Member

i'm proud that we have 3 players on that list! whatever list is, it's always good to be on..

Jontro and D-rock like this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

9 games in, sample size pretty pathetic. Let's talk after 20+ games, a full quarter into the season.

Otherwise the crying and/or celebration is worthless.

Richie_Rich, harold bingo and HP3 like this.
  12. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Updated list of players who attempt 4 or greater 3 point shots a game and played in at least 9 games.

[​IMG]

As we can see our boy Westbrick is league champ!

13. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

That's too bad about his shooting, but he gets more assists and rebounds than Beverley or CP3 ever did playing alongside James. I love having Russ on our team. I love his speed, effort, and hustle.

jcmoon likes this.
  14. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

At 20% would you consider that every 2 shots he attempts equals 1 turn over?

#14 Swapshop, Nov 23, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
  15. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I don't like anyone taking many 3's when they are not very good at it or are in a slump. James took twice as many early in the season and was shooting horribly too.

I think Russ, James, and Clint all bring different strengths, and are the best and most important players on our team. I think they have all had bad games and good games. We just need another forward who can and will initiate plays and put more points on the board. That would make us the perfect team.

jcmoon likes this.
  16. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Is one of Russ's strengths knowing how bad at 3's he is and knowing not to take so many?

17. Jontro

Jontro Member

rockets reprezzeeent!

18. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Nope, but at least he didn't take 18 3's when shooting so poorly like James has at times. Anyway, there are too many other things to love about Russ, and if the haters don't enjoy him they might be happier following another team.

#18 deb4rockets, Nov 23, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
  19. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Russ' fingers may really be f***ed from being dislocated so much, as the announcers were wondering last night.

D-rock likes this.
  20. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Following a team? James can make 3's though Russ never could. There is a difference.

MrSabotage likes this.